In need of some hope

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: In need of some hope

Postby guiness » 14 Jun 2013, 12:00

How often do u take nifedipine: some people here use it 3 or 4 times a day. My doc told me two time but i use it three and ive been doing much better since i started three weeks ago. I was on nitro, but the side effects were too much, however it took the pain away. Nifedepine is gentler but itchier i think. I feel more healed however.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Kreaybutt » 14 Jun 2013, 12:37

Guinness- I'm glad magnesium worked for you! I'm also thinking about trying it, I've bought it already but as always am scared to try something new. I will eventually. lol my BM's and spasms were better today also, still not sure what exactly triggered it yesterday! I would take nifedipine 2-3 times a day depending on how bad I thought I needed it but as of the last few days its been 3-4 times a day
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby galamat » 14 Jun 2013, 15:16

Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding this symptom. I have a diary with all the symptoms that I have experienced with my fissure, and I have felted this one (the feeling that you need to go, but you feel very tight), only in the days that I'm close to healing, meaning, when I have pain free BMs and no bleeding, Do you also experience it in this fissure stage? I was wondering if we have to go through this before healing?
Last last time I felt this symptom was in February, by that time I didn't know what was going on so I used to seat in the toilet and push. I think that's why I had a re-teared. Now I'm feeling it again, and again I have come to a stage where I have pain free bowel movements.
I know this is going to sound a bit crazy, but sometimes I think that my brain creates those feelings, since it is so use to the feeling of something going on in my bum. So the lack of another feeling produces this?
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Kreaybutt » 14 Jun 2013, 16:17

Galamat- I totally know what you mean about it being all in your mind! Sometimes I feel like my fears and anxiety causes these symptoms. Today I sat down for my BM calmly, did my breathing and counting and had a smooth spasm free BM. I've had this happen now twice since my last painful BM which was almost a month ago. Sitz bath with Epsom salt twice yesterday may have helped too. I find that when I'm out doing stuff (not makin my bum priority on my mind) I feel much better and kind of forget about symptoms
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby guiness » 15 Jun 2013, 04:59

Me too. It happened to me yesterday. Im so close to healing too, i thought i was going to see some blood yesterday but i stayed home from work instead and sat in the bathtub, took some magnesium, some extra miralax and was able to get it all out without tearing. Ok, got through it though: last night instead of a whole dose of miralax, i took half a dose and i took half of a 250mg nature made magnesium oxide pill. This morning i got up and was able to go without any pushing, and everything came out in one shot. I think the difference is the magnesium..... It may have an effect on the muscles in some way to relax them all the way up to the intestines which make it easier to go. If anyone tries this let me know how it goes for them. I do feel more relaxed the days i take magnesium either cuz i pooped good or what i dont know. Now, i have tried magnesium with a whole dose of miralax and i was too runny. So be cautious.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby galamat » 15 Jun 2013, 12:43

Hey guys,  
So glad to hear that a lot of us are healing!!, thank you for your comments. 
I hope everybody is doing great, I have good and bad days, hopefully we all are going to start to have more good days. 
By the way, two days ago I saw a black bear in my backyard, and now I have to carry a bell while a walk in the morning, is so scary Image . I think that walking has helped me a lot so I have to keep walking!!!
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Mommyof3 » 15 Jun 2013, 15:17

I also have the feeling that there is something there. Today I have felt it most of the day. Not before the morning BM. Is it just tightness?? Or needing to go more?? I did go again later today, but still feel it. I had to push out the 2nd BM...it was soft. I don't know...this is a new thing for me. I really do feel much better. I stopped using nifedipine about a month ago, because it was making me feel itchy and gave me a bit of a rash. All of that is gone. Thank god!!!! I have not had any bleeding for about 5 weeks. Yay! After a few set backs. Not sure what to think...not sure if I should go back to the Dr. to see what is going on or just keep waiting. I have only been to the CRS one time which was for a thrombosed hem. Around 2 weeks after that I called because I was still having pain (not from hemmie) was when they told me I had a AF also and gave me the cream. They both happened at the same time. I had no idea what was going on!! I know most of it happened because I just had a baby...
Mommyof3
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Ever the Optimist » 15 Jun 2013, 15:46

Hi all,
My feelings on this are:
1) Mental stress plays a MAJOR role!.... My personality is one which needs to be very much in control and I am still learning to accept now that sometimes I do NOT have to have 2 BM's a day! I range between 1 - 3 a day (generally 2) but if I have just the one (always in the morning) my body almost goes into anxiety by the end of the day that I have not had another - I feel like I am getting backed up, when actually I'm not - I just don't need to go! If I feel like this, I simply have a hot bath, relax a bit and then I realise I was actually stressing over nothing - The next morning I wake up, have a nice soft BM as usual and continue my day & wonder why I put myself through that. There's been times I've actually been squatting on the toilet awhile (never forcing anymore!!) but willing a BM to come when actually I don't need one, yet my body is in such a state of anxiety about not being able to go, I'm getting all these false symptoms that I need to.......(Incidentally IBS does not help at all with this, especially if you have over-sensitive bowels! - even a small amount of waste in your body can produce feelings of BM urges and actually there may not be enough stool in there to expel)
Kreaybutt - you're spot on...if you are distracted enough instead of focusing on when you need to go etc...everything happens totally naturally and the event itself is so much more relaxed. It's that whole anticipation thing that causes a build up of stress to the event!
2) Magnesium has been a miracle for me. According to the link below, Magnesium is nature’s muscle relaxant. When there is excess calcium in the cell and insufficient magnesium, cramping, twitching and spasms occur. I have never had softer and easier stools since introducing it as a supplement and I have not even had urges to strain since taking this, so would recommend anyone just to try it! (If in doubt however, ALWAYS check with your GP) 
and yes, because Magnesium can produce a slightly laxative effect, it's wise to watch what stool softener you're taking with it. Personally, I find Magnesium alone adequate and no longer take any other Stool Softener.
http://www.amyguinther.com/the-miracle-of-magnesium/
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Ever the Optimist » 15 Jun 2013, 15:50

P.S Internal hemmroids, if inflammed even a little, will produce an effect of pressure or feeling of fullness in the area, so this will not help either as it may add to the feeling that there is something down there to expel!! when there may be not enough to form proper stools :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again