New to forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to forum

Postby Bing84 » 12 Jun 2013, 13:39

Hi there,
I am a 28 year old female with anal fissure that has REFUSED any course of treatment (laxatives, relaxant creams, syrups liquids etc) for 4/5+ years now. At the end of the line as this is affecting everything i do.  A port of therapy i thought i'd try was this forum as i would be able to share my feelings and experiences with people who 'got me'. Family and friends struggling to see how this can affect me so much - words of support really on deaf ears as they have NO idea what this hell feels like.  Heading for another exam under anaesthetic next week but doubtful i will have any 'answers'. Dr exam two days ago found pronounced fissure still there but three amigos of haemarroids has joined in the pain-fest.  I have been prescribed morphine now for pain and have signed myself off work as i cannot continue like this anymore. Any words of support or experiences of surgery from getting fissure removed would be most helpful as i am so prepared for any kind of surgery regardless of risk factors. :)
Bing84

Topics: 1

Re: New to forum

Postby marg6043 » 12 Jun 2013, 15:15

Bing84, so sorry that you are suffering with a fissure for this long and on top of that you have to deal with hems, also.
I never had surgery, as I healed my fissure naturally after 12 months of the last flare up. I also been dealing with this problems for years until the last flare up became bad enough for me to seek medical advise.
Is plenty of people here that have the surgery for both, hems and fissure, you can find information and their road to recovery in the LIS forum for people that have or about to have surgery.
I hope you find something that can help and if you decide to have the surgery I hope you road to recovery be a fast and easy one.
I wish you the best.Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby splinterboy1984 » 13 Jun 2013, 16:25

Bing84 i really feel you, no one understands this pain, the dark times, ive been dealing with this for over three years and now just has 3 new fissures pop up... its devastating. If youve been suffering that long, why dont you just give in to surgery, most people do great. and with 98% healing rate you could be one of them. i might end up as one of those if things get outta control.
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Savaici » 13 Jun 2013, 18:04

It is a good idea to have the EUA, as then at least they can really see what is what. I only had conscious sedation, and I really wish they had knocked me out and looked.
So sorry that you are in such pain. I know that most people have very good results from having LIS (I forget the exact percentages but it is pretty high), so would talk to your doctor about that. Hope it is a CRS that you're seeing?
Big hug!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby woundedspirit » 15 Jun 2013, 22:11

I am also new to the forum writing out of desparate need to connect with people who know what it is like.  You are so right, family and friends, as much as they may care, just have no idea how this affects ones life and state of happiness. I call it the gift from hell. Just know I feel your pain and my heart goes out to you. There is a lot of good information here to help cope with it all.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby woundedspirit » 15 Jun 2013, 22:14

My CRS told me the success rate is 90% for LIS. I was very hopeful and the surgery was a lot less painful than the fissure pain I have been dealing with. I had it done March 2012 and unfortunatly mine was not successful due to keloid scarring.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby woundedspirit » 15 Jun 2013, 22:16

Sorry, that was March 2013 just over 3 months ago.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist