Candida, ovulation and anal itching

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Candida, ovulation and anal itching

Postby Tuberose » 02 Apr 2012, 04:29

hi all, well last month I was itching down there and also burning in the vaginal area ...dr did a swab test and I had thrush..took an oral tablet and was fine for 3 weeks ..now I'm mid cycle and same symptoms although not much itching just a slight soreness..could I have thrush again ? Ive been eating badly, under a lot of stess ( son was sick in hospital) and gained weight ...I also get a lot of bowel movements when I'm anxious which leads to more wiping(with white tissues soaked in water) which I'm sure is irritating the skin there. I also have IBS and when I'm stressed I get soft stools and today I saw a tiny speck of blood now I'm worried I have some inflammation as sometimes I see mucuous when I wipe. I know IB can cause all this too but I'm so sick of going to the doctors and just being given the same creams and medications that only work for a short period of time ...I've started a diet low in sugars to try and control the candida , not sure what else to do. If I wasn't so anxious the whole time I wouldn't have so many BMs and therefore more wiping and irritating!! Help!
Tuberose
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: Candida, ovulation and anal itching

Postby workingonit » 02 Apr 2012, 11:57

Just a thought,
Have you tried probiotics and or coconut oil?
My sister used to get a lot of yeast infections (once or twice a month) and weird rashes under her arms. She went on an anti-candida diet for several months and stayed a vegetarian after that. She has not had a problem since.
It's a pretty strict diet I'm afraid. Certainly one way to lose weight ; )
Stress does weird things to our bodies.
Check out coconut oil and candida. I read about it being used as a vaginal lubricant and the ladies that used it stopped getting thrush problems. People suggest cooking with it can decrease the candida in your intestines too.
Sorry you are having such a stressful time. I hope your son is better!!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sue27uk » 05 Apr 2012, 13:18

Hi Tuberose, thought I would reply to this as it sounds familiar. I had an operation and had to have very strong antibiotics so was left with thrush. I tried everything! It turns out I didn't have thrush in the end and was sent to a dermatologist. Be careful when using Canestan as this contributed to my problem! I did have thrush but don't know at what point it went! I also have IBS in addition to 2 fissures, I have had mucus from the back passage too. The things I can suggest are;
1) increasing probiotic intake in products such as activia yoghurt and supplements (I used to take acidophilus from Holland and Barrett - not sure if you are in the UK). This helps to build up good bacteria.
2) Taking garlic tablets, this helps to get rid of bad bacteria. Beware if you have low blood pressure as it can affect you.
3) Aloe Vera juice - I have never taken this but some people swear by it.
All this is good for IBS and thrush.
The other thing I would suggest is eliminating sugary foods from your diet may help. I have been to a dietician about the IBS and she said if you have loose stools then golden linseeds are good plus bananas help digestion (not green ones though!). If you need any more advice with this then let me know and I can try and find the diet sheet she gave me, I know which foods don't agree with me now although stress triggers things off. Also to help IBS buscopan is good, I found this wasn't strong enough after about a year so they gave me mebeverine tablets. I have now reduced the intake to 2 tablets a day. Also drink alot of water and stay hydrated. Hope this all makes sense and is useful! Sorry its a bit mixed up, written as I thought.
Don't panic about the speck of blood, it may be a hemmaroid. Its best to go to your GP to be checked out. Hope you're ok and feeling less stressed now :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby saintkilledher » 26 Jun 2013, 08:29

canesten got rid of my anal itch i had for years....but yes fungal creams can have bad reactions sometimes...tea tree oil slightly deluted is a good option.I have been making my own saurekraute
is great for the stomach and keeping candida balanced...fissures and stomach and food intolerences can and mainly stem from candida
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16