8 Months

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

8 Months

Postby gogojo » 28 Apr 2013, 08:44

It's been 8 months since this whole thing started...August 2012- Was severely constipated and that led to a very BIG hard BM. Going to the bathroom after that was a nightmare especially about an hour after (sometimes more or less) -burning pain, felt like my anus was swollen. I dreaded car rides, sitting and especially standing. First I thought it was hemorrhoids or a thromboses hemorrhoid (which I have had the privilege of experiencing both). Sept 2012- had infrared coagulation to 3 small hemorrhoids. By the way I've never been diagnosed with fissure- I am self diagnosed. Months have gone by with little to no relief. I finally found this website in Feb 2013- thank god! I've done a lot of research online and have tried several different remedies- you name it I've tried it! March 2013- Started Miralax at night. Probiotics, magnesium and zinc in the morning. April 2013- Gluten and dairy free 90% of the time. I'm not sure what has worked but I feel 95% better. I go days with no pain. I feel normal again! Wow! I've lost a total of 30lbs since this started by the way. I feel like I am on my way back to my life. I've decided to keep up with the gluten & dairy free since it has really helped me in many ways.
gogojo

Topics: 1

Re: 8 Months

Postby Savaici » 28 Apr 2013, 10:32

Welcome to the group and glad to hear that you are 95% healed. Hope you go the other 5% soon.
Good luck!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby delasama » 28 Apr 2013, 22:04

Awesome! My story is like yours. Miralax and gluten free worked for me too. How much miralax do you take and when?
I take almost a cap full right before dinner and I poop as soon as I wake up.i lost about thirty pounds too! Luckily I needed to lose the weight.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby gogojo » 29 Apr 2013, 07:24

I take a cap full right after dinner and I also go poo when I wake. Are you completely healed? Will you be sticking to the gluten free and Miralax?
gogojo

Topics: 1

Postby delasama » 29 Apr 2013, 20:37

Been doing miralax for a couple months. Just figured out the taking it at dinner thing a month ago. Was taking a little morning and night at first. Taking it at night makes me poop as soon as I wake up. Going to continue miralax for like a year. I don't know how much I have healed because most of fissure is inside.i don't have the spasms anymore. Sometimes it feels like a paper cut type pain and an occasional mild spasm if I sit alot. I had a few drops of blood on stool once or twice in last two months. I think it's healing though. The main thing is miralax and gluten free for me. I'm so thankful for miralax. It took atleast two months on miralax before I stopped getting the crazy spasms.i thought it would never end, but it did. Especially after I figured out to take miralax at dinner. Most days I only poop in morning which gives fissure all day and night to heal.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 07 May 2013, 14:57

Great to hear!
That sounds like me as well... Lots of magnesium, multivitamin, coconut and olive oil, miralax at night, and generally avoiding dairy and wheat products. Also squatting so that I never have to strain. I've lost track but it's been about a month since I've last bled, and even longer since any pain or spasms.
The magnesium was definitely key in stopping the spasms, as I had those even when I was already on Miralax for weeks, but had not yet started magnesium.
It's definitely a long battle though... I feel okay most of the time, but I know it's far from being really healed and the thought of recurrence is too scary to backslide on my routines.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby smiles » 28 Jun 2013, 20:04

What does squatting mean? Well, I know what it means, but how do you do this on a toilet (unless it is a very low one)?
smiles
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 29 Jun 2013, 08:11

smiles:
I use an elevated platform type thing that allows me to have my feet almost at the height of the toilet. Some people on here I've heard use bricks or paint cans, but since I'm not the only one using this toilet I didn't want it to be a nuisance having to move them. Thus, I ordered a 9" 'Squatty Potty.' They are like $35, which has been well spent for me because I think that sitting during BMs was half my problem.
However! It is a problem when you have to use a public restroom. I recently had to for the first time. Since I can't even imagine sitting during BMs again, I went into the handicapped stall that has the bars next to the toilet, stood on the seat, squatted, and just supported myself from falling backwards using the bars. It sounds crazy, but it did work.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Jun 2013, 15:21

No Crayon,
NOT crazy! I do exactly the same as you when I'm out and about. Best way to go when caught outside the home!!!
Smiles - I'm actually able to just squat on a regular toilet seat, with my feet slightly raised either side of the seat - but that works for me and it won't work for all I'm sure. I would never go back to "sitting" again!
Great to read all these healing posts....Thank you all for sharing and all the best in your continuing recoveries :) 
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories