Anal Fistula - Looking for the best recommendation options

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Anal Fistula - Looking for the best recommendation options

Postby kennyjohn123 » 14 May 2013, 17:45

Hello,
I've a anal fistula I'm assuming can't remember exact but about 3 and a half to 4 years by now. Just recently my anal fistula have closed, I notice I don't feel pus like I usually would feel so I went ahead an saw my local surgeon but their knowledge is not mainly into the rectal & colon category, but He've done anal fistula from what I was told. But yeah what I was told is that, it seems that my anal fistula is closed, so there is no way I can get an surgery or any treatment option since its closed, so he said my only option is to wait however long it is, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year or even 5 years and over, until it fully healed as I was told the inside haven't healed yet that why I can still feel the rock of how an anal fistula is suppose to feel like. But I don't know if that's really should be the option I should be doing, which is waiting for miracle of healing on its own after 3-4 years later. But yeah his rating from other patient isn't that good and going to see the rectal and colon surgeon are too much more expensive and is kind of out of my budget.
So I decided to go online and post on forums hopefully to get some good recommendation, or if anyone know any forum that surgeon go on where I can actually get good answers.
kennyjohn123

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Fistula - Looking for the best recommendation options

Postby Ever the Optimist » 14 May 2013, 23:57

Hi Kennyjohn,
I would suggest you repost in the "Anal Fistula" section where you are more likely to get a response to your query in that section.
I've not met someone yet who has been in your situation, so I'd be really interested in hearing your outcome. I'm certain though that you shouldn't be waiting 5 years for further surgery on this! Internal tracts can form further tracts and complicate - especially if it's not been drained properly and you still have pus in there. I'd say definitely get a second opinion on this as soon as you can because they could surgically remove that tract unless they are confident it has fully healed but it doesn't sound like that to me! All the very best to you ........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: Anal Fistula - Looking for the best recommendation options

Postby BlackStallion » 30 Jun 2013, 10:07

hello Kenny,
I am bit confused by your ask.. you said the fistula is closed.. there is no pus or opening.. but you still feel as if there is an fistula.. the whole idea is to somehow close the wound and stop the pus so it sounds you are healed mate!! What exactly are your symptoms?
Thanks
BlackStallion
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2