Why the recurrence?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Why the recurrence?

Postby Please go-away! » 30 Jun 2013, 11:32

With out sounding stupid..:oops: is a proctologists, I know what they are,But is there a difference between a CRS.
I'm requesting to see a CRS for consultation, My Gastrologist has referred me to one. I'm from Ontario, Canada. and its a year waiting list, I'm going to ask the clinic I go to to bump it up.
I cant put the Vaseline up, to tight and painful, just around it.
Mind you my Fissure , so I'm told is on the out side, but I feel I have another.:(  We will see after my Doctors visit soon.
Take care all..Image
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2013, 12:13

Please go away!
As they say the only dumb question in a forum like this are the ones that are not asked. Thats a real good Q if you ask me.
But I wil direct you to to your answer as it seems the term proctologist and CRS are used interchangeably in most circles. And Proctologist is an older term as you'll see. If you want to get real technical I'll direct you hear
lacolon.com/patient-education/do-i-need-to-see-a-colorectal-surgeon-or-gastroenterologist
copy and paste
Good luck with your CRS visit as they are your best bet for fissures. At least your GI doc referred you instead of some wasted visits as we seen here. Hope you can get seen real soon. Yeah, thats too bad about your bum being that tight but your not alone in this.
HTH GL
Last edited by Guest on 30 Jun 2013, 12:27, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Please go-away! » 30 Jun 2013, 12:16

Thanks But..I will check it out.:D Have a great day.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby ttt31 » 30 Jun 2013, 16:12

Wow! Vaseline is magical stuff!! I cannot believe I never tried it, but it made the stool come out so smoothly! Albeit I felt weird applying it, but something I'm more than happy getting used to!
Buttastic, ya I do actually remember my stools being a bit hard before the fissure kicked in. Next time that happens, I'll go to arms and get some softeners and vaseline.
Also, is it normal for the pain and severe itching to be worse at night? That's the case with me- I'm not sure why though..
Well I hope there'll be some good CRS/proctologists who are affordable in NY if recurrence continues.
Please Go Away, sorry to hear about the tightness. It might help to apply it after a bath? Or maybe use an applicator which I think you can get from a pharmacist.
ttt31
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Courtknee » 30 Jun 2013, 23:51

Hey guys!
Sorry to hear that anyone is going through the hell that is an anal fissure. Worst pain ever! Worst than child birth or breaking a bone. I actually broke my ankle in two spots while I was 7 months pregnant, so I can tell you from experience that fissures are worse than both together. Haha. I actually just had surgery on the 18th and I feel like I'm recovering really well. I had three skin tags removed also, so it's not the quick LIS only fix, but everything is going great. I did want to share one thing that is odd, but worked well for me. When my fissure was at it's worst, I used Monistat. Yep! That's right, the stuff for yeast infections. I can assure you I didn't have an anal yeast infection, but it worked wonders for the itch and glass shards burning sensation. It also seemed to help it temporarily close up more quickly in between episodes. I have no idea how, but it did. I'm happy to say that I no longer have to use it anymore, nor do I have to drink prune juice. Woohoo! Well, I wish happy healing to all regardless of how you accomplish it, but in my book the LIS ROCKS and healed me immediately in the fissure site.
Last edited by Courtknee on 30 Jun 2013, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correction of word
Courtknee
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2013, 12:10

ttt31 you wondered
Also, is it normal for the pain and severe itching to be worse at night?

Its quite normal but the reasons could be a host of a variety of things. Moisture, the food, clothing, perfumed soaps etc. Keeping the area clean and dry and perhaps washing it and thoroughly drying it before bedtime may help.
Heres a excellent place to go to try and pinpont your itching and ways to soooth it. Fot instance it says these foods are known to make anal itching worse
Chocolate
Citrus fruits
Coffee
Dairy Products
Nuts
Spicy food
Tomatoes
Unnecessary amounts of liquids
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/168728.php
And heres a thread here that relates to a person who had those same night itches...
analfissure.editboard.com/t3172-itching-like-crazyplease-help?highlight=itching
Manuka honey and coconut oil seem to help a lot of folk here with itching
hope this helps & good luck

Postby Please go-away! » 01 Jul 2013, 12:29

Your fantastic buttastic, your info has helped me through so much, I hate to say more then my Doctors.lol.
Image Image Image
P.S, But don't let it go to your butt.Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2013, 14:26

Wow Please go-away!
Your making me blush Image 
I'll try to keep my "butt" on straight, thanks;) 

Postby marg6043 » 01 Jul 2013, 20:22

ttt31, hi there, When my fissure was painful and irritated, my CRS also recommended to take one spoonful of mineral oil in the morning and one before bed, mineral oil is no digested by the body, so you will eliminate the oil during you BM making it very slippery, eventually when the fissure started to get better I replaced the mineral oil with coconut oil.
The Vaseline became part of my life for the year that my fissure lasted, baby desitin helps also, during my quest to find comfort from the horrible pain and spams (as I had side effects from the nitro cream) I also discovered that Carlson E suppositories are also good for lubrication.
While I am no longer with an active fissure, as I healed naturally, I still experience irritation once in while due to the scar tissue, so Vaseline and desitin are still very handy.
You will find out that is many ways with trial and error to find something that will work for you to relief the discomfort as you try letting the fissure heal naturally.
I wish you the best.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby ttt31 » 02 Jul 2013, 02:50

OK, so I think I may be a bit closer to finding out about the itching as well a the fissure as a whole. I realised the soap I've been using in the shower is quite drying and I used it when washing my rear. That may have dried it out and caused itching. Do people avoid using soap generally or are there some moisturising shower gels that could prevent drying/itching? It's really annoying- one night I sleep so easily then the next it's itching like crazy. I've had to learn some serious relaxing techniques which is sometimes effective.
Buttastic, of all those foods, I'm only really taking a small amount of tomatoes, so I hope with all hope that the itching is a symptom of the healing process as it scars.
Hi Marg, thank you so much for your words! This is the best site on the internet! (If only there could be some real life support groups.. Do these exist?) I'm slightly tentative of mineral oils as I've heard they can cause leakage. Is the coconut oil you take taken orally or applied in the anus?
Vaseline is absolutely my new best friend.
ttt31
Fibre Addict