Can't stop going to the bathroom :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Can't stop going to the bathroom :(

Postby Kreaybutt » 02 Jun 2013, 13:16

I've been doing so good for 2 weeks, no pain no spasm, almost felt normal. I take mirilax every night and it works wonders for me but today I get diarrea out of nowhere?? This never happens. I don't feel sick and I didn't eat anything out the ordinary except a "Boost" drink that has prebiotic fiber and protein ..could that be the culprit?
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: Can't stop going to the bathroom :(

Postby Kreaybutt » 02 Jun 2013, 18:24

Should I take mirilax tonight? Maybe just a half dose? I realllllllly don't want to take another step back
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby crimeofpassion » 03 Jun 2013, 20:39

I would for sure cut your Miralax dose. Try half, or even less if you really want to. I've been having fairly loose stool as well, and I think it's because the full cap of Miralax (the recommended dose for adults) is a bit too much for me.
Make sure you're getting enough soluble fiber, which is good for both constipation and diarrhea.
Probiotics are supposed to help with both constipation and diarrhea too, but it's not uncommon for them to cause loose stools, especially when you're first starting out. Maybe stop taking them and start back up a few days later, see what happens.
The trial and error definitely stinks. :(
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Guest » 05 Jun 2013, 04:46

Totally agree.. Trial and error def. sucks ! I find this illness the worst of all kinds. I remember losing so much weight, trying to find the right diet. Friends would think that I came from Mars, because I had reach a point, where I would be particular about vegetables too. And the main reason to be super careful was not only to avoid constipation, but diarrhea as well !
Yes, I think you should reduce your Miralax intake, or increase your fiber. Former sounds better, coz the latter one will make you poop more.

Postby guiness » 06 Jun 2013, 08:54

I would say it was from the boost drink.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 06 Jun 2013, 11:57

Kreaybutt,
I can't tell you what to do, but I had the same experience. I was taking a cap full of miralax once a day for over a week and everything was working great, then out of nowhere I got diarrhea for 4 days! It was never the food sick where you're in the bathroom for 5 hours and it passes... I felt fine most all the time but then all of a sudden my stomach would bubble and I'd have to make a break for the bathroom.
I stopped the miralax all together and am just sticking to one spoon of metamucil a day and a super high fiber diet. My fissures are doing much better and almost healed, even though I had a MAJOR set-back last week.
KEEP HOPE! you WILL overcome this.
Deleted User 2651

Postby crimeofpassion » 29 Jun 2013, 18:40

I'm now going to the bathroom too much because of Miralax - 3 times a day when I take just a TINY bit under a cap full of Miralax. Has anyone ever tried taking Miralax every other day? Otherwise I may try taking a tiny bit less than half a cap, because even the half dose every day seems to make me go too much.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 01 Jul 2013, 10:09

Hi Crime of Passion,
How many days did you use it before you noticed symptoms?
For me, I eat a high fiber diet and for the past 3 days have taken half a cap full in combination with a spoonful of Metamucil. Today I had a regular soft morning stool, but just had some light diarrhea... I'm hoping it's nothing permanent because I have had issues with the miralax before when I took a full capfull for a little over a week.
I imagine you could take it every other day. I don't see why not and I imagine it may actually work better.
It's SO HARD because when it works it's nice and soft... but I'm always afraid of getting diarrhea :(
Deleted User 2651

Postby crimeofpassion » 01 Jul 2013, 10:19

Well I began taking it on May 22nd, the day I tore, but I’ve only started having issues within the last 2 weeks or so. Yesterday I went to the bathroom FOUR TIMES. I’m going to try taking maybe around half a cap (or a little over) every other day.
I took Miralax for about two years, possibly longer, when I first got a fissure in 2008, and I don’t recall having this issue. Maybe my eating habits and water intake is better now, and the Miralax therefore works a little too well?
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 01 Jul 2013, 10:25

That could be it. It could just be too much fiber and fluids. Since you've taken it for so long before and not had any problems it may be a light stomach bug or something you ate? My impression is that people who have an issue with Miralax are rare. It's specifically designed not to cause diarrhea.
I'm sending lots of hope that the pipes slow soon :) I really think it will all be OK.
Deleted User 2651