Looking or boardies- lis after botox fails

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Looking or boardies- lis after botox fails

Postby hopefulbutt » 02 Jul 2013, 08:25

Week 3 from my 100 units of botox and had a wonderful day yesterday because of no bm. I knew I would go this morning and put on some nitro for extra help but I felt sore already. Could tell I was tight as I went and was uncomfortable and sore and then after the real pain and muscle soreness came. Why? What else can I possibly do? I am also using miralax and have soft bms. I know my Crs won't do lis until botox completely wear off.
I would love some advice from anyone who had botox but ended up with lis. Please tell me something finally worked for you. 1.5 years and I am worn out. :( 
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Looking or boardies- lis after botox fails

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 02 Jul 2013, 12:47

Hi Hopefulbutt,
I'm 3wks post Lis after suffering 1.5yrs also. I first had botox in july 2012 lasted a glorious 8mths until i had another tear in march this yr. I had a 2nd round of botox that took a while longer to kick in but did after 2 wks but wasn't to be it just didnt work the passing glass feeling went but my muscle was in spasm all the time the pain was horrible. My crs said we could try a 3rd round of botox but i was so fed up i opted for the LIS best decision so far :).
You sound like i was after the 2nd round of botox but unfortunately you will have to wait out the 3 mths before your crs will consider Lis. Just try keep to you miralax, diet etc and hopefully pain wont be too bad.
I wish you the best take care :) 
Deleted User 2543

Postby hopefulbutt » 02 Jul 2013, 15:10

Thanks so much for the reply Edel. Did lis work for you then? I guess I am just so frustrated. Have a good day followed by bad. Thanks for reply.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 02 Jul 2013, 15:45

Hi again hopeful,
I'm only 3wks post LIS, fissurectomy & skin tag removal, its going great so far my first BM was watery so no pain & I ate very light to keep BM soft so I had no problem after. My only real problem i had was my wound it stung like hell for a while. I thought I had infection as it was so sore & a bit smelly but this was all normal tg. Even now 3 wks later I still bleed a bit on incision site & tonight my tag site started bleeding. I still have those dissolvable stitches & I itch like hell I wish they would drop off. All in all I'm doing great really surprised myself. When people asked me about my pain after lis i said it was just like a wound healing. I still fear the loo every morning as my BM are always different so never know what to expect. Hopefully in time it will pass too.
I know how frustrating it is, it takes over your life. Just try stay positive. I hope you have some better days ahead.
Take care x
Deleted User 2543

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?