LIS surgery in UK or some EU country

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS surgery in UK or some EU country

Postby aimonaali » 01 Jul 2013, 12:05

igrik1986 wrote:I am afraid I will not be confident due to fact that I speak only English, not Finnish. But thanks for link, price is much less actually, than in UK.

The staff does also speak english so you don't have to worry about a language barrier. I'd say most people in Finland speak at least some English and the highly educated such as doctors should speak it rather fluently. The surgery itself was quite an easy experiment, I was in and out of the hospital within one hour.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Please go-away! » 01 Jul 2013, 12:37

there's a great chat, on this site..I don't. know if it reaches everyone,it's at the bottom after you log in.
Please keep up your spirits Igrik.

:D 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Savaici » 01 Jul 2013, 17:54

I went to Finland and everyone that I met, at least in Helsinki, igrik1986, spoke English. Likewise in Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Actually lived in Denmark for 15 years and never met anyone who did not speak near perfect English.
About a photo gallery: this is too much of a public group for photos of butts and fissures, and there are many available if you do a search on Google, etc. and videos on YouTube.
Personally, if I were you, I would go to England and have LIS done by Mr. Windsor. But, in the end, it is you who has to make the decision.
About the chat, please, it reaches anyone who wants to use it, all around the world.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby pinpin » 02 Jul 2013, 01:05

I am not sure where you all come from, but.
Just got following information from one of local surgeon, whom seems to be more or less up to date with modern methods. Word to word translation.
"LIS complications as per publications is inconsistency with rate of 40-60%. If you are ready to solve problem in long run, that would be correct choice. Though, this method is used only British surgery school doctors, and everyone else in Europe just laughing on this method. I wasn't brave to perform this surgery to any of patients. Botox is used, though, but this is not panacea also."
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby pinpin » 04 Jul 2013, 00:45

Hello Savaici and everyone,
Anyone know where he got such figures- 40-60%? I didn't find any relevant study.
So I arranged appointment on 8th of August with dr Windsor. Though I will arrive on 7th due to flight. Can anybody suggest some cheap hotel for night in London, or offer some support for foreign sufferer.
Possible surgery can be on 14th of August. If I will have the one then I will need to stay in London for 2 weeks, and need some premises with bathroom.
As I am really limited in finances, I would really appreciate any help regarding stay in London.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby owmybum » 04 Jul 2013, 03:39

I would look into staying in a hostel the night of the 7th, they are much cheaper than a hotel, and it would only be for one night.
As for staying after your op, I would opt for staying some where outside of London, as it will be cheaper. I hope someone who knows the area can chip in and help you on that one.
I'm sorry, but I can't remember what you are currently treating your fissure with, but have you considered diltiazem, movicol, careful diet, soaks in the bath etc and seeing how you go for another few months before you jump into more surgery? It just seems such an ordeal to go through if you haven't explored all the conventional options available to you, and given it some time.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Mood: UGH !

Postby pinpin » 04 Jul 2013, 03:48

Hi OMB,
Thanks paying attention.
Well, I have used nifedipine from 25.04.2013 - 2 months. Applying inside and outside.
I am using nitro+nifedipine from 14.06.2013 - 3 weeks. Applying inside and outside.
I am super careful with my diet since original surgery 07.02.2013. I have lost 10kg.
I do soak already for 4 months in coconut oil and water. I am using movicol for 5 months also.
Yesterday was again full of spams after BM, though BM was easy. I don't want to take more  painkillers, though they help.
Just have these stupid unhealed places after hemmie incision, which are healed all around, but not inside my anus.
If my wounds didn't heal in 5 months, and very very slowly progressing in last 2 months. Is that an indication that something is wrong here?
Even after surgery I very quickly healed with my external wounds, but always was wondering how healing path will go inside, as it is so tight in there. So I am already having sort of skin borders between healed external wounds and unhealed ulcers inside.
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby owmybum » 04 Jul 2013, 03:55

Ok, ..... I see, yes you have been doing everything you possibly can, and I can see why you now want to heal once and for all.
Hopefully some one will be able to help more with the accommodation side of things for you.
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby pinpin » 04 Jul 2013, 06:29

OMB, if you would be candidate for LIS, would you opt it?
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby owmybum » 04 Jul 2013, 14:21

Yep
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum