New and stressed

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New and stressed

Postby darkcloud » 08 Jul 2013, 10:01

Hello my name is Matthew and I'm 22. I've been dealing with this for over a year now and every time I use the bathroom I'm always stressed out. Once I use the bathroom if I bleed my stress sky rockets.
So in the beginning it was the worse and I was really scared more then I am now. I did go to the doctor they suggested more exercise, and desiten ointment. I don't and didn't have insurance so obviously they weren't going to suggest anything more. I was told it could take six months to heal, but since then it's only come and gone. Never fully going away, and the longest time without bleeding was a month. Something always happen when I'm on the right path. I get constipated for some reason or the opposite happens and then its bleed bleed bleed. However it doesn't bleed after (I don't think) I've had my blood levels check and they always come out fine. Most of the time its just spotting every once in a while it will be more, but none the less its my blood leaving my body and that scares me. Image I don't know if I'm not trying hard enough or not doing right things, but it's driving me into insanity.
I'm not quite sure what exactly brought it on to begin with, so I can't fill you in on that. Well any advice on what I should do or what helped you would be great. Has desiten worked for anyone? I've also tried doctor oz's shoe boxes by the toilet which I admit seems to help the process of using the bathroom it doesn't really seem to solve the problem.
Well thanks for the help and support in advance
darkcloud

Topics: 1

Re: New and stressed

Postby marg6043 » 08 Jul 2013, 19:33

darkcloud, hi there, it took one year + for mine to heal naturally, I also bleed on and off, I hate it because every time it bleed I was worry about re tears, I also suffered from anxiety and panic.
I was prescribed nitro cream but I had to stop using it because of side effects, so I used desitin and it worked for me, I will put a littler bit in a Q-tip and just dabbed gently in the anus.
Also Vaseline before a BM helps greatly to keep the area lubricated and to minimize irritation and pain, it also helps with the bleeding.
Now, sometimes is not the fissure what is bleeding but internal hems, they are not as painful as a fissure but they can bleed a lot, red blood, I happen to have one small and when it bleeds is scary.
Is plenty of information here on how to take care of a fissure until it heals, so you will find something that will help you.
Its a combination of a routine that you have to stick with, from the foods you eat to the over the counter medications to keep your bowels soft and easy to pass, to keep the area lubricated before BMs, sitz bath to clean and no toilet paper but unscented baby wipes.
Even when I am now officially healed since June 10, I bleed two weeks later a lot, no from the fissure but the hem and I still keep a routine that I will probably be sticking with for life to avoid re tears.
Do not use hem crams unless you are sure that you have active hems, as the creams for hems will hinder the fissure healing.
I hope you find what you need to help you heal naturally.
I did.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby blackecho » 08 Jul 2013, 20:21

Hi Marg........ Hope you are well...... I noticed you said you had to stop Nitro cream due to side effects. I am using Rectogesic (I think its the same thing in Australia). I have only been on it for a few days but am finding I am really light headed and noticed some times when I think I am breaking wind ...it is ummm more than that ...I was wondering if that was due to the cream relaxing the sphincter????????? Just interested to know what your side effects were?
have a great day
blackecho
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby marg6043 » 08 Jul 2013, 20:50

blackecho, yes the nitro will relax the sphincter, the reason I have to stop the nitro was due to no only the headaches but after several weeks I developed an irritation, rash that turned into blisters.
That's when I had to look for other alternatives to dealing with the healing fissure.
Desitin help me a lot and so Vaseline, I even tried Neosporin.
It took a while of on and off set backs for the fissure to heal.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby darkcloud » 08 Jul 2013, 23:14

Marg thanks for the support I was going to say more, but I've become tired. I just wanted to let you know I appreciate the support and insight.
darkcloud

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 11 Jul 2013, 17:39

** Please, do not hijack threads that others have started. Often it takes a Member a long time to write a post, and when it is "taken over," it can be very disheartening.
One of the Rules of the Forum.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222