Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Postby Sunshine » 15 Jul 2013, 14:40

haha Welsh that did make me laugh that you left you DIY Squatty Potty at you ex's
I must say, even though it's Ouch anyway, the posture the squatty potty gives you for a BM just made so much sence when I read up on it. I did start off with a kiddie toilet step, but it meant your feet were in front of you and together, so the Squatty Potty now lives in the Bathroom and tucks nicely round the loo when not in use Image 
The things I have discovered over the last few weeks of researching this Fissure is amazing. I didnt even know I had an outer Sphincter let alone an inner one!
And my Beauty treatment these days is all about my Bum, my face no longer gets a look in Image 
I use vaseline before every BM and have also started using it through the day as the Rectogesic is only am and pm, and I also take the vitamin E.
I too was using the coconut oil and even melted some down and made suppositries, which did seem to help, but it melts soo fast that it was running down my legs....never pretty!
Oh the things we do :D 
Keep getting better every day Welsh Image X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Please go-away! » 15 Jul 2013, 14:51

good for you sunshine,Image isn't this the greatest site/forum, so much help. and I'm glad your getting better every day. BE POSITIVE
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Sunshine » 15 Jul 2013, 15:21

Hey PGA
Yes this is without a doubt, the Best site :D 
But the "Keep getting better every day" was a message to Welsh, not my state of play sadly.
I am early stage, glass passing. Where my routine, is to squat in what used to be a nice big plastic mixing bowl, with Epsom Salts, three times a day for the fissure, followed by an ice pack to the thrombosed hemorrhoid. My husband Bless him, even brings me a cup of tea to have while im sqatting in my sitz for twenty minutes, and will sit and chat to me. Its actually quite bazar how things like this can become "Normal" in your life. Image
We have even read through loads of stories on here together while i do Sitz. Bless his cotton sox :D 
Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 15 Jul 2013, 16:19

He sounds like a keeper! Make sure you tell him how you feel and how he makes you feel. He'll deserve some serious pay back once you're heeled sunshine! Back rubs, football/soccer, beers on ice.
Stick to it lovely girl.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby Sunshine » 16 Jul 2013, 00:14

Thanks Welsh, and yep he's a keeper Image  And yep we chat lots Image 
Hope you have a wonderfull pain free day Image
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Sunshine » 16 Jul 2013, 00:23

Hello buttastic.
Thank you for the llinks you sent me, I did look up the Honey and it does sound like it might be worth a try.
As for the stress, its not a problem. Which is one of the reasons why this fissure doesnt make sence!
About 5 years ago, i had a high cholesterol reading which the Doctor then wanted me on Statins for. I refused them and said I would lower it myself. I changed my diet completely, making everything I eat from scratch, including my bread, excersize three times a week and walk everyday. It worked, and I lowered it. I am never constipated, I drink loads of fluids everyday, green tea, water, I juice veg's & drink vegy juice, and have stuck to this.
I am an easy going happy go lucky person, who doesnt stress or let life bother me, and am basicly just someone who loves life.
So I am still unsure how this lillte SHARK of a fissure joined my body!
But I am so please to have this sight, and read other peoples triumphs and feel for their sorrows.
I never thought I would be so happy to find a club to be part of, even a Bum Club Image 
Wishing you a pain free day Image X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2013, 09:08

Thats great news sunshine
Love to see a person come in here with your attitude and that you have great hubby that understands will just make your recovery forthcoming.
Yeah its frustrating trying to figure exactly how we get these butt "assassins".
But just reading your post it may be due to your tightness (spasm) in that darn sphincter muscle.
Some question you may want to continue to ask yourself are, do you feel your straining while on the loo even though your not constipated because of the tightness.
Anyway good luck in your search to control your tightness, but as other say, if the creams don't work, try botox, and hopefully you can avoid LIS (even though LIS is a very successful way to go).
P.S. I beat mine the natural way over 2 years ago, though I was never as tight as many here are.

Postby Sunshine » 16 Jul 2013, 10:48

OK so just been to see the Doc, who wouldn't prescribe me Diltiazem as he said its not licensed in the UK. Well not for AF's anyway!
But....He has made a referral for an urgent appointment with a colorectal surgeon!!
He also told me I can take Paracetamol with the Nurofen, which I didnt realise, and if I had known, would have maybe been able to take the edge off of last nights OUCH!!!!
SO....the plan now, is to continue what im doing...sitz, ice, pray, vitamins, Rectogesic, pray, vaseline, Flaxseed Oil, Prunes, pray, water water water, super healthy diet.....and pray to be healed before having to see the Surgeon :D 
And if im not......at least I tried, and prayed a lot Image 
Buttastic I am so impressed you healed yours the natural way...way to go!!! If only that worked for everyone, how wonderful would that be.
And today has been a really good day in the pain department, due I know to no BM today after 2 yesterday, but hey ho, you just gotta take the good days and remember how fantastic life is. And the bad days....try to loose yor self in a good book and pain killers., and remember, a good day is round the corner.
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 16 Jul 2013, 10:58

NOT LICENCED IN THE UK?! Baloney! I had it from my GP in Wales (we have free prescriptions too) and I also had it from my CRS. I've also just got it on repeat and found that it costs Ј96 for a tube - if you read my thread you'll see how shocked the last grumpy old doctor was when he saw how expensive it was.
"I pay my taxes old man!! Now hand over the butt cream or its going to get a whole lot more uncomfortable in here!"
There is a website you can obtain it from, it's posted on one of the threads in the references section. But see your CRS first and it's likely they'll give it to you. Stupid GPs - they're so clueless sometimes.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby Sunshine » 16 Jul 2013, 11:11

I told him everything I had read about it and that Doctors WERE giving it to patients... but he said he will never give a prescription for something that isnt licenced for a particular problem!! But if the CRS thinks I should have it then he may prescribe it for me himself.
I did think it was going to be a problem as a lot of the web pages I found said it wasnt licenced in the UK for Fissures, but then other people have been prescribed it!
Never mind, for now I shall just carry on with my Bum routine and wait for the light at the end of the tunnel......Ohhh if only I were a Glow Bug Image 
Sunshine
Salt Bather