Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 26 Jul 2013, 10:53

Just...chiming in about walking.  I have had at least two re-tears associated with walking.  Usually walking plus something else, the big re-tear was way too much sitting followed by walking (my usual 45-minutes up and down hills) and then a tiny poo.  Another time it was just the walk and a tiny poo.  This may not be a risk for everyone but I know it is for me.  I pay attention to how sore I feel while walking and adjust accordingly.  I actually just got back to my usual walk in the last few weeks (now four to five months after last big set-back).  I think the mechanical strains of sitting, poo-ing, squatting, and walking/exercising can all be involved in stressing the anatomy.  Just my humble opinion!  Good luck y'all...I know we need the exercise!  Image
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Sunshine » 26 Jul 2013, 15:34

Please Go Away,
so glad to hear you are having a good day, and yep I am too thanks Image 
It will be interesting to see how you get all your questions answered during your visit, be sure to share them with us as im sure there are some questions that will be the same for a lot of us.
Welsh.... Colostomy Bag hahaha Brilliant :D Soo good to read on your wall that you are doing so well. It's great to know that this thing can be beaten one way or another :D 
Just "Pain" Tired, I think the problem is, not knowing what to do for the best where walking and excersize is concerned.
Once you have, or have had a Fissure, it kind of makes you scared to do anything in case it makes it flare up. I know we cant let it rule our lives, but it kinda does when its such a painful thing, and no one wants to go back to square one with it!
I have always done loads of squats, sit ups, butt clenches, three times a week for years, as well as walking. Four months before I got this, I had upped them all to three thousand sit ups, 300 squats, and hundreds of butt clenches every week. ( Wanted the beach body for our Holiday in Turkey beginning of June)
The thing is, I got the beach body, but also got a Thrombosed External Hemorrhoid, and a fissure!!! So now I have no plans of doing any of those bum excersizes ever again!!!
I guess its all about moderation, but sadly im an all or nothing kinda girl who doesnt do things by halves, obviously this time, to my own detriment! The thought of ever doing a Squat again, other than with my Squatty potty, or to lower myself into my bowl of Epsom Salts, just makes me cringe and think OUCH!!
But walking, which I love, I am doing, but I am very aware of how my bum feels at the time and if I start to get shooting pains, or an ache, I tend to think that its telling me thats enough for today. Reading that people have re torn or caused more problems through walking, just makes me more careful.
I think like Welsh said, It works for her to walk, yet other people it doesnt, so it really is down to each persons body. Sadly, like having kids, there is no guide book of do's and donts for Fissures that work for all.
Wishing everyone a good nights sleep, and a pain free happy Weekend.
Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Please go-away! » 26 Jul 2013, 20:40

I did a 1/2 an hour walk today, it's amazing how we all react different to these dam fissures, and of course all other issues we have effect's us too.
Sorry Welsh I though you got that stab of pain while walking longer.
Oh no welsh it's like all in one hour I will have a fuller BM (not a plug) then another very loose BM. It probably has to do with my IBS.
It has gotten better since I have been eating my soluble food first before my insoluble food. The odd time even I slip up.:roll: 
The nitro doesn't give me issues, well the issue is I feel it doesn't work, not strong enough, so I will ask for the other.:) 
Its amazing hay Sunshine, how our mind is constantly on our butt's.
It never use to be like that. oh well.
Yes all a nity nite, sleep tight and don't let the fissure's bite.
One more question, Should I ask my Gastro, Doctor to gently check me out down there, or could I risk a tare?
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Sunshine » 27 Jul 2013, 02:14

Please Go Away, have you looked into the Fodmap Diet for IBS? It has really helped my husband who has had IBS for years. It's the only thing we have tried that has made even the slightest differance to his condition. That, and he takes an Imodium Instant every 12 hours which has completly changed his life for the better.
As for you appointment, I think you should see how you are down there on the day, and just explain to your Doc that you are concerned about a re tear through an examination and see what they say. If your able to pass a normal size BM, then a gentle exam with just her finger should be ok I would have thought. Maybe others on here have been through this and could chip in with their experiances of it.
And yes, it is amazing how our lives now revolve around our bums! Poor little Dears never used to get a second thought, now they are in controll of us haha
Happy weekend Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 27 Jul 2013, 04:25

Hey PGA, with the Nitro, I'd have said its probably as strong as Diltiazem. I felt the Nitro doing something (within 30 seconds of putting it on, I could feel my heart pounding in my head - this is how I know it was doing what it should). The Diltiazem has no side effects so not sure if its working in that sense. As I've had a double fissurectomy and Botox, the Diltiazem is working with the Botox (as that is effectively what it's trying to mimic - relaxing the muscle) I strongly believe my fissure is healing (if not pretty much healed).
If your fissure is acute then the nitro should be working well to help it heal, if your fissure is chronic then it's likely no amount of cream will help, but your doc needs to try these things first before surgery.
When you go back to your Doc, if you haven't made any progress with nitro, then request Diltiazem. If you've had a few pain free days, then maybe you could deal with an examination.  I know for me, my first 3 visits to the GPs, I had no discomfort during an exam, but in the year of being treated with cream, I developed another fissure (this time externally) and I couldn't bare the thought of an exam.
I had surgery 6 weeks ago and up until a few days ago, I would still be worried about an exam, today however, I'm feeling more positive about my next CRS visit in Sept. if I keep this up until then, I'm pretty sure I'll be healed when I go see him.
Sunshine... 3000 sit ups!! Is that what it takes for a beautiful beach body?! Wow you are wonderwoman! I guess it's a lot easier to maintain a beach body once you get to it, but it's hard to get to it in the first place. I used to be into running at one point but had to stop just before my op, it was becoming uncomfortable. I'm paying a lot of money for my gym and haven't been for 2 months (trying to do a step class with an external fissure nearly killed me). I can't wait to get back. I'm single, slim with a few areas I need to work on and I now have all my time to myself which is the best time to get fit. You've just inspired me with your successful beach body story and now I'm rearing to get back to me (3 years ago me).
Thank you sunshine!!Image 
Welsh xxx
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby Sunshine » 27 Jul 2013, 06:10

Step up class with a Fissure.... Oh My God, YOU are the Wonderwoman!!! OUCH!!
The sit ups combined with other exercises, and a completely healthy diet, no crisps, sweets, cakes, pastrys, dairy, etc..do get you there. And of course the will power to do it Image 
As you say, now you are a free agent you can consider just you and make yourself top priority :D  You can be any shape or size you choose to be. Dont go back to how you saw your self 3 years ago... become the person you want to be for the here and now. An even better, stronger, fitter healthier Wonderwoman...ready to take on the world Image 
After dealing with what you have been going through, you can do anything you set your mind to. Set targets that are realistic, believe you can achieve what ever you set your mind to. Picture yourself fit, healthy, happy, successful, and you shall have it all. The Power is all there inside you, just go for it Image 
Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 27 Jul 2013, 06:40

Sunshine I need you in my handbag all the time. Your like a little self help book! I'm definitely excited and motivated to get back into it. My diet is pretty good right now so it's a great time to get the rest of me into shape. I will have to lay off the croissants soon ( but I'm addicted to them right now).
Thank you for your kind words you lovely lovely woman!
Had another great poop today. Possibly even a Bristol 4!
Onwards and upwards!
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Postby Please go-away! » 27 Jul 2013, 07:36

Thanks Sunshine  I will check that diet out, and I will tell her to be gentle when she checks me out.:o 
Thanks Welsh, I'm glad your healing, yay!, I will ask my doc why i don't react to the nitro, maybe it's just me or I need a stronger dose, I will let my Doc, decide.
Maybe I'm Chronic,Some blood on stool after breakfast today, no pain, what's so ever, and no mucus.I tried this amazing technique that Buttastic told us to do in one of his post's.
If my BM is a little thicker then normal, then gently squeeze your butt checks together as the stool is crowning, wow!!(prevent's a re-tear.
That is why I'm pretty sure it's my hemies, Because the blood is slightly around the stool and I don't get pain.
You will do it Welsh because you are the woman, I think there is a song there.lol.Get that body in ship shape, can we all touch our toes with out splitting our self's apart..Image 

I'm not letting it worry me, will see when I have my next appointment.
Have a GREAT DAY EH..That's the Canadian in me( well actually we don't say that).lol.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 27 Jul 2013, 08:11

Hey please, how much nitro are you applying? I was told 2.5cm twice a day. You don't get any side effects with it? No headache? Pumping heart beat in your head? Racing heart beat? Blistering rash around your bum hole? Wow you're getting off lightly!
With my tearing pain, it felt quite high up so Buttastics "crown then pinch" technique wouldn't do much for me. I remember the pain pre-op, once I'd started pushing and relaxing to try to make the stool smaller by working it through my muscles, the pain would be horrendous, and eventually I'd just succumb to the pain and push it all out quickly, that would equate to 10 seconds of glass pooping pain and then a soreness for an hour later, rather than a 20 minute glass pooping pain and an hour of soreness if I try it gently.
My pain levels are incredibly high now because of this. It's character building I see it as.
My manager is Canadian (Vancouver) and I love listening to him talk. Beautiful accent! Would love to visit and do some snowboarding one day. Until then... Healing healing healing!
Have a good day eh!
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Postby Please go-away! » 27 Jul 2013, 08:28

I know welsh..it's weird, huh? honest engine, (guess I shouldn't complain)Image 
Nil, zero, nudda. zilch..nothing.Probably just the hemmies, no pain with them lately. No use guessing, will find out what up or should I say down.Image.
I'm glad that technique worked for you, less time with the painful poop's. You too....Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure