Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Postby Sunshine » 06 Aug 2013, 00:55

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=81
Thank you PGA :D 
You cant cook with the Flaxseed oil, but I have added a link above all about it. It is classed as a wonder food for what it can do for you, so huge health benefits there, not least a smooth BM!!!
Once it is opened, it has to stay in the fridge. So what I have done for if we are away visiting at weekends, (as I dont want to travel and end up with a warm oil) I have brought the Flaxseed oil capsules and take one of those am & pm. They are quite large, but easy to swallow, although on our recent trip to my sisters, they did ask if it wasnt meant to be used as a suppositry due to its size Image 
Do you get Holland & Barrett health shop where you are? Or you could order on line if not, as they often have sales on and even better, do buy one and get one for a penny!!! Which is great when you want things like this long term, it can really save a lot.
I will add the link that I found while researching these Fissures, about a guy who had come up with his own Vitamin plan. I decided to try it as it seemed to make sence to me what he was saying. I did tweak the levels of some of the vitamins, but sure enough, after two weeks, I really noticed a differance. I will go find the link and post it.
Image X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Sunshine » 06 Aug 2013, 00:58

http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss/maybe-this-will-help-someone--20457
This is the link. Wishing you a happy Sunny pain free day.
Image Image X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Please go-away! » 06 Aug 2013, 20:25

The vitamins sounds promising, got to watch out for the Anusol, if it has cortisone, it can thin the skin, everything through trial and error.
My day off tomorrow, gonna pick up some dried apricot's, very high fibre, equally high in soluble too, The prunes I have.
And our sunshine, our little sunshine, you make us happy when sky's are grey, Please don't take my sunshine away...Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Sunshine » 07 Aug 2013, 00:31

Aww PGA, The song was lovely :D Thank you
I didnt use the Anusol, I stuck with the rectogesic and vaseline, and I went with the E.200 instead of 800.
As you say, it's trial and error and its really what works for each of us. But I really did notice an amazing diferance after two weeks of taking the vitamins, and plan now to continue with them as I never wanna go back there again!!
Apricots are lovely, and I have been making an almost fat free fruit cake which uses apricots and sultanas, and is wholemeal and just yummy.
Have a fantastic day off, kick back, relax, and enjoy yourself.
Image X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 08 Aug 2013, 12:24

Hi sunshine,
I see your still doing well 😊 do the flaxseed tablets work as a laxative? Or just a way of getting some fibre into you?
Deleted User 2543

Postby Sunshine » 08 Aug 2013, 12:34

Hi Edel94
No it isnt a laxative, it just keep things smooth and is amzingly good for you.
I take a teaspoon every morning, and every evening. If im away, I take flaxseed capsules instead as they travel better as the oil has to be kept in the fridge once opened.
I posted a link above on August 6th, which is where I got the details of the oil and the vitamins that I take. Hope they may be as helpfull to you as they are to me :D 
How are you doing?
Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 08 Aug 2013, 13:13

Thanks so much for that I think I'll try them. I used to use flaxseeds but my CRS told me to stay away as seeds can get stuck in my fissure.
I'm doing really well thanks for asking, fully healed was the word from my CRS last Friday 😊. Just have to be careful for another few wks while skin heals. x
Deleted User 2543

Postby Sunshine » 08 Aug 2013, 13:18

Oh Thats Fantastic news!!!! Image 
Huge congratulations!!! Ive got my CRS appointment next week on the 16th and am really hoping for the same result!!
Yea I used to have linseeds which I ground and added to my porridge, but found with the prunes I am now having and the flaxseed oil twice a day plus prune juice before bed, the linseeds were just too much fibre. And I have avoided nuts or anything seeded as I read too many bad reports of what they can do to a fissure.
Have you still got to use any cream like rectogesic or not any more?
Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 08 Aug 2013, 13:35

Thanks so much I'm thrilled lets hope I can keep to my routine I can get very lazy 😬.
Yes I was told to stay away from nuts, seeds & grains its so hard sometimes.
I don't use any creams at all now. Sometimes I use Vaseline if I get a bit of irritation. LIS is supposed to loosen muscle but to be honest feels no different to me which I suppose is a good thing. All I know is the pain is gone 😊.
I really hope your app goes well on the 16th just keep up with your routine don't get lazy like I did lol
X
Deleted User 2543

Postby Sunshine » 08 Aug 2013, 13:47

Do you know what, that pain I went through was the worst pain I have ever experianced in my entire life, and remembering that, will prevent me from ever eating anything I shouldnt ever again!!!! haha
I had a pretty good diet anyway due to high cholesterol a few years ago, but now, my body is a temple and nothing but goodness and water shall pass these lips. I have a whole new appreciation for Bristol 4s and shall do everything in my power to maintain them :D 
I have been off pain killers and felt great for a couple of weeks now, but do notice the odd twinge which isnt exactly pain, just a sort of internal.....twinge i guess! I am dubious about seeing the CRS, as like everyone, there is the concern of an exam causing a problem and getting pain or worse a tear again. But the only way im going to get an update or an all clear, is by going. So I shall go and hoe for the best :) 
Thank you for your good wishes, and stick to the good food & water....dont be tempted by something naughty but nice.
Nothing tastes as good, as healthy feels Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather