One month post LIS

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

One month post LIS

Postby Courtknee » 15 Jul 2013, 13:34

Hi guys,
I had LIS surgery about a month ago on 6/18/13. I had my fissure for two and a half years and the doctor said my sphincter was very tight which is obviously why the fissure didn't heal. I also had three skin tags removed. Everything has been going really well, but today when I made a BM there was a small amount of blood (like a blot) on a few pieces of tp when I wiped. It wasn't a large amount of blood, more like when you blot something that is barely bleeding. Since my surgery, it has felt kind of like a ripping sensation when I go (the doctor said this feeling would be normal because of the skin tag removal). I also think it's because I'm finally having formed BM for the first time in over two years and my butt isn't used to it. The blood from the BM I had today was on the opposite side of my fissure. I have not had any problem from the fissure since I came out of surgery. This was on the side of my incision site. I'm not sure if the bleeding came from my incision site or a new fissure. Has anyone had experience with this? I'm not in pain, it just feels kind of dry down there (I've also read that the new skin that heals from the skin tag removals lacks oil glands for a while which can cause the dry feeling. Anyhow, I'm feeling no pain, just kind of scared. I don't want to go through the nightmare again. My pain was a 20 on a scale of 1-10 before surgery so I'm grateful I'm not in pain. Also, I am under a ton of stress because not even two weeks ago (17 days after surgery) I tore my ACL, MCL and meniscus so I'm looking at scheduling surgery for that. Any advise about the bleeding and what you think it could be is much appreciated.
Courtknee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: One month post LIS

Postby Please go-away! » 15 Jul 2013, 15:18

Hi Courtknee
Your diet could be changing , slowly to your old ways and you might not know it, remember this way of eating for us is a lifestyle change.
Even for me, while it's early, keep up the water, olive oil(the purest kind) Up your soluble over insoluble, and again stick with digestible foods, overall start eating healthy again.
Watch the sugar, bad starches,processed foods white bread, etc, everything that's bulk forming.
Lets not get you down that road of pain, while it's been nipped in the butt..lol.OK.:D 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Courtknee » 15 Jul 2013, 15:25

I'm such a bonehead. I was so worried about making sure I mentioned everything that has gone on that I forgot to say that I have eaten the EXACT same diet for the last 28 days. Breakfast- Organic high fiber waffle and apple sauce. Lunch- High fiber 12 g wrap with turkey, lettuce and tomato with broccoli and cauliflower. Dinner- Tuna sandwich on double fiber bread and cantaloupe. 8 bottles of water a day. One Colace and at bedtime a shot of mineral oil. No junk, no caffeine. I'm like a well oiled machine when it comes to diet. The only thing I can think of is that I got my womanly visitor for the first time since surgery.
Courtknee
Fibre Addict

Postby Courtknee » 15 Jul 2013, 15:28

Is it possible that it could have been my incision site?
Courtknee
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 15 Jul 2013, 16:03

Hi courtknee,
I'm 5 wks post LIS on Wednesday & still bleeding on my incision site, blots of blood every time I wipe. It's still in a lump & tender. I don't know if this is normal but I'm just riding it out till my app on 2nd aug. My tag site is perfect & I've no pain on BM. Sometimes when I have a BM it feels tight but no pain. As I say only problem is incision site. Have all your stitches gone? I hope you improve. x
Deleted User 2543

Postby Courtknee » 15 Jul 2013, 18:22

Hey Edel,
Good to hear from you. I've been wondering how you've been. I never had stitches or packing or anything. This is the first time I've bled since about 4-5 days post op. I too had a lump that was sore and tender, but that has gone away. Again, it didn't hurt when it bled today, but I'm just scared that another fissure may have developed. I had a really large poop today. It wasn't dry or hard, just big and I suppose it could have made the incision site bleed, I'm just not sure because it's the first time it has happened. I'm so sorry yours has bled everyday, but I'm so glad you're not in pain :) That's more important. I have my 6 week post op on the 29th, but I have no idea what I'm going to do because I expect that I'll probably be going in for surgery on my knee then and I couldn't kneel down on that table thing for the CRS to check my butt even if I wanted to. I can't believe I've gone 27 years without surgery and then managed to rack up 2 surgeries under my belt in the matter of about a month. I'm praying that they tell me my knee, but I looked at the MRI of it today and it shows my ACL is just hanging there, completely detached. This is a total nightmare! Keep me posted on how you're doing!
Courtknee
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 16 Jul 2013, 13:11

Hi courtknee,
Id say thats what happened your bm just stretched you incision site a bit this is exactly what happens me. I have a bit of irritation but it doesn't bother me i'm sure it will settle in time. You were so lucky no stitches mine were so annoying & so hard to clean up after a bm. When my crs checks my fissure i just lie on my side with my butt near edge of table and pull my knees pulled up to chest, she just pulls cheeks gently apart maybe your crs could try that position.
Sorry your having a problem with your knee i hope when you do have surgery it doesn't cause problems with constipation for you just me careful.
Take care x
Deleted User 2543