To much stress.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

To much stress.

Postby MONI07 » 17 Jul 2013, 19:13

Can h-roids or fissures cause small red blood clots in stool? My bleeding when I wipe seems to have stopped but instead I have a few smallish clots now when I go.
I have been so stressed out with this that I have now developed pneumonia and am in hospital.
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: To much stress.

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 17 Jul 2013, 23:04

Clotting is a natural thing for blood especially when healing. That's essentially what healing is. If your blood didn't clot, then you would carry on bleeding. Don't you worry your little cotton socks.
Blood clotting (or coagulation) causes Hemostasis - its is a process which causes bleeding to stop, meaning to keep blood within a damaged blood vessel (the opposite of hemostasis is hemorrhage). It is the first stage of wound healing.
I had exactly the same thing. The fresh blood stops and you get tiny little clots when wiping instead. That's a good sign! Just keep going with your routine!
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby MONI07 » 17 Jul 2013, 23:09

The clots are in the stool not when I wipe.
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 17 Jul 2013, 23:56

Either way, I'm guessing clots are still a good sign, so long as they are bright red like fresh blood colour. If you're in hospital at the moment, maybe it's best to let the doctors know just to put your mind a rest. They should be made aware of all your ailments whilst treating you for pneumonia anyway dear. Stress can affect your body in many ways including throwing your digestive system out so keep calm.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby lefthanded » 18 Jul 2013, 00:46

I know that h-roids and AF can cause external bleeding (fresh, very red blood) but if you are dropping clots or see blood streaking in your stools, that could be a sign you need to have checked out. Certainly if your stools turn burgundy, do not wait. I passed burgundy poo for a while before I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. You don't want to go there.
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2013, 05:35

It's abnormal.  Is pain involved?  If yes, then it could be some serious condition.  If not, then it could be just inflammation. However, a Colonoscopy is a MUST.  
In the meantime, you need to take prescription medication to overcome stress.  If prescription medicine is not readily available, then a safer and more natural remedy would be lemon balm extract (1 dropperful in a glass of water).  It works as good as Valium.
http://www.lemonbalmextract.com/
Are you sure it's blood clots and not something that you ate?  Sometimes undigested food can look like blood clots (Example: Beets or Tomatoes).
Good Luck.

Postby marg6043 » 20 Jul 2013, 14:23

MONI07, hi there, I have to agree with many of the post, red bright blood after a BM can be two things, internal hems that usually only hurt if is thrombosis or a fissure.
Fissures are painful but internal hems most often are not.
But when is clotting involved it could be healing or something else, the best advise that anybody can give you is to see a doctor for further advise and testing so you can get a proper treatment.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8