positive blood test today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

positive blood test today

Postby MONI07 » 15 Jul 2013, 19:08

Today I am absolutely beside myself. This morning my stool had a reddy tinge to it.. I took a sample down to the emergency room and it came back as positive. Now i'm absolutely beside myself. Must be something serious now if the test came back positive! I don't want to die yet!
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: positive blood test today

Postby Please go-away! » 15 Jul 2013, 19:42

Take it easy, what was the test positive for? Did they not tell you,Proper hospital procedure, that I know of would be for the hospital to give the results to your G.P then, your Doctor should discuss it with you, what ever the outcome.
Take a deep breath you don't know yet. stay calm. Image
Now I looked back on your posts, you had a colonoscopy, they didnt find any thing, that's good, does Crones or Colitis run in the family? I ask because my sis and brother have it and with some pills and proper diet it's very manageable, now only if, not to be alarmed either way, Please speak to your doctor, She will have the results soon.
Last edited by Please go-away! on 15 Jul 2013, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Savaici » 15 Jul 2013, 19:50

Sorry that you are so worried after giving a stool sample. You do not say what the stool sample came back positive for. There are many results that could show as positive, so it would be best to ask your doctor to explain exactly what the results mean.
Here is a WebMD link for what a stool sample may be tested for, and as you'll see there are quite a few different results that can come out of a stool sample.
http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/stool-analysis
Thinking of you, and try not to worry.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby MONI07 » 15 Jul 2013, 21:30

They just said it came back positive for blood in it.
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby jr2 » 16 Jul 2013, 10:08

I know it can be frightening to hear news like this, but really, the vast majority of blood in the stool is caused by hemorrhoids and/or anal fissures. So, try really hard not to panic and just follow up with your physician for the next steps in getting it all sorted out.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby marg6043 » 20 Jul 2013, 14:35

MONI07, I recommend that you get more information on your symptoms before you start to get worry about the color of you stools, when you have a fissure or internal hems, you stools will be red, it will also be some or lots of blood in the toilet water after a BM.
If you are having internal bleeding your stools will be dark and with the consistency of ground coffee.
I am glad that you are under a doctor care and I can only imagine that they will be doing more testing like a colonoscopy to see what else is going on with you.
I had my fair share of bloody stools during my life along with the fissure and small hem, but nothing serious.
I hope you get more information soon.
I wish you the best. Please let us know how everything is going.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8