Laughter is the Best Medicine

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 26 Jul 2013, 11:55

They say "laughter is the best medicine"...first I don't know who "they" are however I do agree with them. Laughing and humor is an everyday occurence in my life, I love to make people laugh, I have a wicked sense of humor & always enjoy making people smile even in the wake of some dreadful situation...but never at someone else's expense.
I am trying to find humor with the AF situation. Just last night while I was washing the dinner dishes, my husband says "honey, your butt is leaking"...LOL...yep, that is my man. I have been wearing these "AF shorts" as I like to call them every day. Between the creams & ointments, I have already ruined a few other pair so now I wear these ones while at home. Upon further inspection, I noticed a big ol' streak down the crack area...ROFL ! I told him..."for better or worse, in sickness and in health, you signed up for this (as I am pointing to my bum)".
Today, I was running some errands and while driving in the car I was jamming out to the radio. Music has a way of putting me in a better place & I love it when an great tune comes on & you are in your own little world rocking out. Anyway, one of my faves comes on ...Bob Seger and he is singing "watch 'em come & watch 'em go, with only one thing in common, they got the fire down below"...I just started laughing...I know when he wrote that song he was not referring to AF....or maybe he was ?! LOL..
Laughter makes you feel good. And the good feeling that you get when you laugh remains with you even after the laughter subsides. Humor helps you keep a positive, optimistic outlook through difficult situations, disappointments, and loss.
More than just a respite from sadness and pain, laughter gives you the courage and strength to find new sources of meaning and hope. Even in the most difficult of times, a laugh–or even simply a smile–can go a long way toward making you feel better.
Sweetpea Image
Last edited by Deleted User 2854 on 26 Jul 2013, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 2854

Re: Laughter is the Best Medicine

Postby bobasTic3 » 26 Jul 2013, 12:32

That's true. It make me feel there might be some hope
bobasTic3
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 26 Jul 2013, 12:59

True 'dat sweat pea! My daily antics are often laughable when I think about it and put it into words in my blog. If I can make another AF fighter (notice how I used fighter and not sufferer) laugh, then I know I've made someone's day with my unfortunate circumstances.
You can read my antics here
http://bit.ly/16jC5Nj
You should start a thread with your eventful life, I promise you'll make someone's day with it.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby Ever the Optimist » 27 Jul 2013, 02:07

Sweetpea,
Love your post! & brilliantly put.
My partner is not particularly sympathetic but he does have a wicked sense of humour and we've had some laughs over the whole thing, which is so important!!
I tend to be more of an optimist than a pessimist, so it comes a little more easily for me, than maybe for some and when you're at the worst with it all, it is so hard to see anything funny about the situation at all but once you get yourself through that and start injecting a little more cheer into your day, bit by bit, it all gets so much easier to deal with doesn't it?
Laughter is such a tonic and so uplifting, so please don't ever stop making others laugh!!
This bloke made me laugh below!!!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby PompeyBlue » 27 Jul 2013, 04:12

Sweetpea
My favourites are Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash, Nice and Easy does it Every Time by Sinatra and Slip Sliding Away by (I think) Paul Simon.
Make me chuckle!
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Now66 » 27 Jul 2013, 11:18

I definitely agree. Garth Brooks "when the thunder rolls, and the lightening strikes" tune has been running through my mind of late. Cartoons are good too!
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Please go-away! » 27 Jul 2013, 14:48

Hay everyone, if you like Robin Williams, the actor /comedian..you have got to get his DVD comedy act, I forget the name , my brother in law taped it..about two hours long..it literally did (almost, didn't get to the can) make me poop..Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15