what vitamins to take??

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: what vitamins to take??

Postby Please go-away! » 30 Jul 2013, 18:17

Hi every one and Diamond I once purchased the lush soap in the Toronto Eaton's centre, think I will make a trip there.
Vitamin e, Welsh is excellent, fish too, I try to make sure it not farm raised (wild salmon for example), but sometimes it's difficult to do.
Image all
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Diamond » 31 Jul 2013, 10:25

Please go-away - I'm actually located in Toronto! I've been on this site for so long ..I keep forgetting that I don't actually know where people live :) If you're in Toronto - there are a bunch of other Lush stores now as well (not just Eaton Center) and I think you may be able to order the shampoo online as well.
I always try to buy wild caught fish as well. It's quite hard since it's easier/cheaper to find farm-raised. Not sure if you have a Longos store near you? I buy a lot of my fish there - they are very knowledgable about where their fish comes from. Lately I've also been purchasing wild caught Mahi Mahi and Barramundi fish (frozen) from Costco.
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby puzzledbutt » 31 Jul 2013, 13:25

thanks everyone loads of new things to start and try, thank you so much for helping me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Please go-away! » 31 Jul 2013, 17:25

Hay Diamond in the sky..Just like the song..lol.Toronto, Cool, Lived there first, now moved to Thornhill,york, shopped many time's at longo's nice clean store,can be a little bit costly.
That's a great suggestion Puzzelbut, I have got to pick up some probiatic yogourt, just the plain, then add the fruit too it.
And pick up some wheat a bix..getting tired of oatmeal every morning.Image ALLLLLLLLLLLLL...
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Luka » 31 Jul 2013, 18:09

I take a multivitamin daily (without Calcium or Iron, since that can cause constipation). Not sure how much it helps since I get vitamins from foods I eat, but I take it as a precaution. I also take cough drops that have vitamin C in them.
I don't take probiotics anymore because, for some odd reason, they tend to constipate me. O_o; No idea why. Guess everyone is different!
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby puzzledbutt » 01 Aug 2013, 02:37

thank u for ur reply luka, i to worry if different things r going to constipate me, i stand in front of food selves for ages looking at them wondering can i try something new then i walk away to frightened that maybe it will knock me of course. ive eaten the seem diet since last november but since getting my botox i havent had any blood or pain in 7wks im delighted but i know im not healed im always very careful with water and diet. i am prepared to stay on this diet for the rest of my life food means very little to me now not much enjoyment with it but im so happy im out of that terrible pain that no one understands only my mates here on bum club and thank god i found u all. my life savers!!! love and healing to u all my friends xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5