Hi I am new.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi I am new.

Postby Chaye » 07 Aug 2013, 09:08

I really glad I found this site.  I have never had anything like this happen before nor do I  ever want to go through that "hell" again.  I had a visist to the ER on 04/04/2013 with severe pain in my bum.  She told me I had a fissure.  OK what is that?  She gave me anusul and some percocets and I just went through a couple days and didnt really change anything as far as diet.  I was ok after 1 1/2 or so and started to work out jogging that was June 13.  I felt the same pain agin and I was like whats it happening to me.  I know now that I didnt give myself any time to heal and thought I was fine.  I was in pain from June 13th till July 25th and it was torture to me.  I went to the ER like 4 times with 0 help.  They kept saying you need to see a GI.  So, they refered me to this GI and I have no insurance and anyway i went and the guy was horrible and uncaring and I begged him to give me soemthing for my pain and he just was like "No" I pay that %$#^& $250.  for nothing.  When I left there I was so fusterated I broke down and cried right in the lobby , my roommate/friend just held me as I cried. I felt like it was never going to end.  The last ER visist they gave ultram (seeing things with thta drug) even though it was not a narcotic.  I think that that constipated me and I took which I wont do ever agin.  Took Empsom as a laxative and was in pure hell for 2 days with that.  My relief came on 25th and I am getting stronger each day and I felt so much fear in the beginning but I do have faith and that has definetly carried me through.  I am still at times feeling a pressure and when tired which i cannot seem to get my full strenght back which i miss alot. I rest.  Its been 13 days today without that pain.  I am taking supplements i take stone root-diosmin/hesperin and vit. c and butchers broom/vit. E.  I just bought the cream the superbalm and I believe it will work.  Does anyone have any experinces with Dr. wheatgrass? I do buy the theory it may be auto-immnue.  I didnt live the most helathy lifestyle before I drank alot and ate bad foods. Under alot of stress and unforgiveness.  Which now in that hell time I have forgive and I am eating very healthy and not drinking and eat 20-25g of fiber daily and water.  Walking daily as well.   I have read some of the forms and I cannot image feeling that pain as long as some peopple have. my herat is full of compassion and empathy for them.  I know last year I was bleeding and had hard stool (sometimes I pull them out) and I ignore my body and I so regret it now.  I do have appointment in August 20th with a good reviews from people GI.  So I guess that is it for now.  Thank you for allowing me to share.
God bless Chaye
Chaye

Topics: 2

Re: Hi I am new.

Postby Sunshine » 07 Aug 2013, 14:21

Welcome Chaye :D 
So sorry to read what you have been through, but you have come to the right place, where everyone here understands what you have been through and will all be able to give you advice and support.
So good to read you are getting stronger each day. These nasty little Fissures just tend to sneak up on you and turn your entire world upside down. But there really is light at the end of the tunnel as you can read on these links. Some people have managed to self heal, and some have had surgery.
There are so many tips and ideas that people have tried, it's just a case of finding what works for you.
You have done really well to change your diet, that will help you amazingly, and the fact that you now have an appointment is brilliant.
Sitz baths really helped me, and Vaseline before each BM to help the stool pass. Also dont suffer in pain as you can take four hourly pain relief when needed, just check that what you take doesnt have anything in it that may constipate you like codene.
I havent tried the Dr.Wheatgrass, but did read a lot of reviews on it, some good, some not. Maybe someone else on here has tried it and could help with that.
Meantime, keep up the good diet and walking, and try to stay positive and remember, you are not alone. There are sooo many of us here, so feel free to chat anytime.
Your appointment will be here before you know it and you should then get the advice and help you need.
Take care of you.
Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Please go-away! » 07 Aug 2013, 21:18

Hi Chaye, Welcome, you couldn't have found a better forum..Image Please take this time before your Doctor appointment to read as many of the post's as possible, especially the ones on diet, soluble and insoluble Fibre, proper stool softener's if needed, Other health issues you mite have along with the fissure. My issues started with auto-immune, I also have IBS, and Divertic,. all the best..PGA.
And Don't forget Water, Water Water.....:D 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Chaye » 09 Aug 2013, 06:45

Thank you very much for you kindness and support means so much.
Chaye