Today is the Day!!! LIS Ahhhhhh!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Today is the Day!!! LIS Ahhhhhh!

Postby inneedofahealing » 12 Aug 2013, 13:11

Thanks Edel and Ever the Optimist! I am laying down and about to eat a bowl if soup.I have a question about this packing in my butt. Somebody thought it was a good idea to put it right over my vagina lol. I had to pee bad and got it wet. I'm nervous to take it out so soon.
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Ever the Optimist » 12 Aug 2013, 13:26

Oh Inneed!
That was a bit of bad luck!! Not very well positioned. LOL!
Is it possible to kind of cut the "front" bit off and leave the rest in your bottom area?.....I have this vision of them trying to put you in a nappy or something!!......
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Luka » 12 Aug 2013, 13:29

Hello inneedofahealing,
So happy you got the surgery done! That takes a LOT of guts. At least it's over, though, and you can concentrate on fully healing and look forward to being fissure and pain-free.
Did you just get LIS or did you also get a fissurectomy (cutting away of the scar tissue)?
In the meantime, just take it easy and focus on healing. I will be praying for a smooth and speedy recovery for you!
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby inneedofahealing » 12 Aug 2013, 13:44

Ever the Optimist, I tried to cut it but I couldn't. I am going to take it out later today after my pain meds.
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Postby inneedofahealing » 12 Aug 2013, 13:48

Hey Luka! I just had the LIS. The doc said that my fissure should heal within a month. Thank you for your prayers!
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Postby inneedofahealing » 12 Aug 2013, 14:39

I have a question. I had pain before the procedure and it actually hurt worse than it does now. It makes me wonder if anything was done. That makes me nervous. It also still feels tight down there. I know it is probably swelling from surgery. I'm just hoping the muscle doesn't spasm anymore.
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Postby Karinann » 12 Aug 2013, 14:54

Hi Inneed:
When I had my surgery at the end of June, I removed the packing the following day as it was somewhat abrasive and uncomfortable for me. I was still taking pain medication so it wasn't too painfull to remove. I felt better after removing it. I recall someone in the postop area of surgery telling me that the packing would more than likely come out on its own during your first BM following surgery. Be careful and relax the rest is all going to get better. Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 12 Aug 2013, 15:53

The doc said that my fissure should heal within a month.
We all hope and pray that the month and thereafter goes well for you inneedofahealing.
Get ready for a possible roller coaster ride inneedofahealing. Much much patience and diligence is in order right about now wouldn't you agree.
Finding a good routine day in and day out will also be priceless in the upcoming weeks post surgery. We all are pulling mightily for you as your journey for complete healing continues.
GL and God bless you

Postby resume » 12 Aug 2013, 19:27

I'm so happy for you inneedofahealing!  I've been thinking about you today. Now it's time to rest and recover. Here's to happy and pain free days ahead! Praying for a speedy recovery!
resume
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby inneedofahealing » 12 Aug 2013, 19:33

Thanks buttastic! My doctor said a month but I know everyone's body is different. I am ready for it to heal but I am patient, after all I have had this fissure for six years. My routine is pretty good. I am staying safe with what I eat. I may be aable to advance later.
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather