How to avoid diarrhea?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How to avoid diarrhea?

Postby Rasdaan » 12 Aug 2013, 23:43

So I feel that im starting to make some good progress with my fissure. Im starting to be able to pass larger soft stools now without that much pain, and no bleeding. However, every now and then I will get a tiny bit of diarrhea, and this completely irritates the fissure. After I would go, I would feel horrible burning, and have blood on the toilet paper.
I am taking a stool softener, and it seems to help me pretty good with my bowel movements, but as I said: Occasional diarrhea attacks just irritate the fissure a ton...I could be better about the fiber in my diet, and im trying to improve that, but what advice do you have to avoid diarrhea? Should I just go with more fiber?
Rasdaan

Topics: 2

Re: How to avoid diarrhea?

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2013, 10:42

Hi Rasdaan
Welcome to the forum
Some things you may want to try. First it would help if we knew whether you have a condition like IBS. If not or even still you may want to start by taking in more probiotics like yogurt. Also drinking more water and taking in less sugar substitutes may help.
Yeah, we can overdo it with the fiber, and they say that too much insoluble fiber can increase the chances of having diarrhea. If you like spicy foods, that may contribute to the burning so take it easy.
I find that high junky type sugary foods can give me diarrhea. More simple tips and tricks...
http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-Diarrhea-(BRAT-Diet-Method)
Hope this helps and good luck