Such a horrible condition

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Such a horrible condition

Postby Lana Butz » 16 Aug 2013, 12:39

Hi, I'm new to this forum and its a blessing I found other people with the same awful condition. I've had this AF since April and have just had my 2nd lot of bottox (came out of hospital Tuesday). I'm really sore and most of the time uncomfortable, I noticed in previous threads that there are sitz baths, can anyone recommend a certain one or recommend anything else that would make my life a little bit bearable. Image  thanks Lana x
Lana Butz

Topics: 1

Re: Such a horrible condition

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 16 Aug 2013, 12:58

Hi Lana, welcome and yes what a horrible condition. I sent you a pm with a link to the site where i bought my sitz bath it really was a god send for me as getting in and out of the bath is not easy.
Sorry to read your on your 2nd lot of botox how long did your first round work for?
I would lubricate around the anus with vaseline before every bm i found that helped me a lot, keep your diet light, drink lots of water and take your stool softeners & just relax and take care of yourself.
I had botox twice and went on to have Lis, fissurectomy and tag removal I was fully healed in 7wks I'm at 9 wks now and still doing well.
Best of luck with your recovery x
Deleted User 2543

Postby suzyljank » 16 Aug 2013, 14:57

Hi, try sitting on a warm heating pad. It helps to relax the spasm. Hope you find relief soon, these things are so painful. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Sunshine » 17 Aug 2013, 00:35

Hi Lana,
Welcome, and sorry to hear of your pain. You have come to the right place, this site is fantastic for help, advice, and just moral support.
I used a Huge round plastic mixing bowl for sitz baths, and had three a day for 20 minutes, which helped amazingly. I also put Epsom saltls in each time to help.
I also got a Squatty potty to help ease the pain of BMs, and it really did help too. But anything you can raise your feet on to have you sitting in a squatting position whilst going will help.
As said above, vaseline before each BM and also I used it during the day too, and a waterbottle or heat pad are a great help.
Water, and lots of it, and soft healthy food diet. And the belief that you will get better. Because you will.
So many people here to help and offer you advice, so never feel alone, because your not.
Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Thanks for support

Postby Lana Butz » 17 Aug 2013, 14:41

Thanks to you guys for the advice, its good to know i'm not alone with this problem. The first lot of bottox I had was about 3 weeks ago and I decided to go for the 2nd lot of bottox because basically i'm scared to bits in having the LIS. My surgeon who obviously does many procedures a day said my fissure was the biggest he'd encountered, and if I was to go ahead with the LIS then it might leave me with a leakage. I've already had a lot od time off work with not only this problem but with joint problems which are still under investigations. I was due to have an MRI last wed but because I had surgery it was been postponed to a later date. Whats the old saying? It never rains but it pours! lol I'm waiting for the light at the end of my tunnel xx
Lana Butz

Topics: 1

Postby Please go-away! » 17 Aug 2013, 20:13

Hi Lana, Glad your on board, just like the rest of us, we are all slowly healing at different rate's and we have different issues too.
But what concern's me, is the comment your Doctor said and I quote.....
"My surgeon who obviously does many procedures a day said my fissure was the biggest he'd encountered, and if I was to go ahead with the LIS then it might leave me with a leakage." It can tighten up over time, he should of told you that.
Biggest he encountered, what does that mean? and leakage, that would scare any one...can you get a second opinion, or another Doctor?
Have you had any procedure's, you said you had surgery?
Please take care, eat well to make those BM's very soft, chew on some prunes before bed. Oh ya, I use a big plastic bowl and stick my butt in it with the Epsom salt's for about 20 minutes, warm, then rinse off in shower or wipe off with a wet face cloth.
All the best...Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby marg6043 » 17 Aug 2013, 20:29

Lana Butzhi there, sorry that your are having problems with the fissure.
But I am with Please go-away!, if you only have botox treatment and not previous LIS, why the doctor will tell you that you may have leakage if chose surgery, did he went into details of why or it was just and opinion.
Perhaps if the second round of botox doesn't work, you should get a new CRS, occurs if you are happy with the one you have is up to you.
I hope botox help you and the fissure heal on its own.
Remember to check the experiences of others about healing naturally after botox treatment.
Chronic fissures take long to heal but it can happen without surgery.Image 
I wish you the best.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 17 Aug 2013, 23:40

I bought a sitz bath at a drug store (here in the US).  It's a hard plastic thing that sits in the toilet after you raise the seat.  I have the cleanest toilet around, wipe it everyday with a chlorox wipe to keep me and the sitz bath clean.  It's my best friend.  Today my hot water heater was broken and I couldn't take my normal sitz bath after the morning bm.  This went on to be one of my worst days in weeks!  I highly recommend them.  I always take one with water as hot as I can stand it after the first bm of the day.  I use it later on if I happen to be home and have another poo.  Buy one...push your embarrassment aside and get it!  You won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby suzyljank » 18 Aug 2013, 06:42

Hi, you can heat the water on the stove or in a microwave until your water heater is fixed. Mix in cool water until you get the temp you like.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic