Do I have time for surgery?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Do I have time for surgery?

Postby dcc » 17 Aug 2013, 14:37

I'm 64 yrs old and am a fulltime RV'er. My regular doctors are in Yuma. I've had anal fissures off and on for 3 years. This summer has been horrible. Just get a bit healed up and it comes back. Been to the emergency room twice, had a colonoscopy, saw the surgeon? I have a huge prescription for the nitro cream and it helps some, but I'm still miserable. My question is whether
I should try to get the surgery here in Rapid City before we head south for the winter. I'd like to wait
til winter and get it done in Yuma, but not sure how good I'll be for the trip south in the motorhome. My wife might have to do everything. I have about 6 weeks before we should head south. Is this enough time to heal from the surgery??
dcc
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Do I have time for surgery?

Postby inneedofahealing » 17 Aug 2013, 15:10

Hi Dcc, That is definitely enough time. I had my LIS this past Monday and feel great! I haven't felt this great since march. I know everyone is different but I really think 6 weeks is enough time if you are only getting the LIS. Hope this helps
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby resume » 18 Aug 2013, 11:02

I think that's plenty of time Dcc. I had LIS and two fissurectomies and I was fully healed in 4 weeks! Just follow the surgeons discharge orders and take care of yourself and I'm sure you will be just fine in 6 weeks. I had my surgery about 6 weeks ago and I am almost completely back to normal. I can do all of the activities I did before I had the fissure as well as eat what I want. It's a wonderful feeling!
Good luck to you dcc!
resume
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 19 Aug 2013, 13:18

Hi Dcc, I think 6 wks is plenty of time too. I had Lis, fissurectomy & skin tag removal 10 wks ago this wednesday. I had immediate relief when having a bm. My incision site and tag site took a bit longer to heal maybe 5 wks. At my 7 wk checkup i was fully healed. hope this helps good luck to you :) 
Deleted User 2543

Postby dcc » 21 Aug 2013, 19:12

Well, I finally got it scheduled and I go in Friday. Sure hope I have good results like some of the ones I've read about.
dcc
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 22 Aug 2013, 02:29

Wishing you the very best for Friday dcc your doing the right thing 😊 just take it easy for a few days keep bm's soft & keep area clean 3/4 sitz baths a day should do it. Keep us posted on your recovery. Take care 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby dcc » 22 Aug 2013, 18:35

That's a problem for me. We live in a 40' motorhome and only have a shower. Wish I had a tub to soak in.
dcc
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 22 Aug 2013, 23:48

Dcc that's not a problem buy yourself a sitz bath they are very cheap & a godsend I used mine all the time never had baths. It fits on any toilet just fill with hot water & sit really recommend it. Best of luck today 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby resume » 23 Aug 2013, 08:09

I agree with Edel. A sitz bath is so much more convenient than a tub bath. I hope your surgery goes well today dcc! :)
resume
Salt Bather

Postby dcc » 24 Aug 2013, 14:24

Surgery was yesterday. I'm feeling pretty darn good. have to say this is the best I've felt in the last couple weeks. A bit sore after a BM, but it eases off in a few minutes, and the pain is just a dull pain, not the sharp jabs I was having.
dcc
Fibre Addict