3 steps forward, 2 steps back...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

3 steps forward, 2 steps back...

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 27 Aug 2013, 11:59

Well, I thought all was good & well in the bum area. I had almost a month without any issues. Now, it seems like something is happening again !
This past week, my morning BM's have been a bit of a problem. I noticed that I was having that pulling feeling, like something was being stretched. I chalked it up to the sentinel pile being angry. Back to the epsom salts baths I went. Then the ouchie BM's started, blood in the stool, burning, stinging...you get the picture. I don't know if it is a re-tear or just the beginning or what. I haven't been taking the Miralax for over a month because everything was doing so good. After this morning episode, I decided I needed to get back on it. I would normally take it at night, but geesh I didn't want to wait for another 12 hrs. So I did a capful this morning at 6:30am. I need these BM's under control, I don't want to go through the horrific pain I first encountered.
I feel like I just get 3 steps forward with this AF and then get knocked back 2 steps. I have been keeping my diet clean, taking my fiber supplements, drinking tons of water, taking 50 mg magnesium, etc...so it just baffles me as to why it started acting up again ?!
Thanks for listening...
SweetPea
Deleted User 2854

Re: 3 steps forward, 2 steps back...

Postby PompeyBlue » 28 Aug 2013, 04:29

Hi Sweetpea
I fear that is what most of us seem to experience. Try not to worry too much.
In my experience setbacks are usually no more than that. We don't go back to square one and resume healing again before too long.
The key for me has been keeping BMs regular and soft.  I find now that !/3 regular dose of Movicol (Miralax) is sufficient and I am phasing it out gradually.
Hope this helps
Very best wishes for speedy healing
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 28 Aug 2013, 06:10

Hi Allan !
Thank you for your comment, however I am slightly worried. I do hope this is only a minor setback & once the Miralax kicks in I pray that it does get better ! I haven't had a BM yet today so I don't know what is going to happen. Bracing for the worst but hoping for the best !
I looked over my diet journal, (I keep a notebook of what I eat daily) and realized the in the past week or so I had started eating nuts again ! Yikes, maybe THAT was the culprit that started this mess in the first place. So, no more nuts for me.
Thanks againg for the healing vibes !
SweetPea
Deleted User 2854

Postby PompeyBlue » 28 Aug 2013, 08:58

Sweetpea
Unlike most people here I am fortunate to be able to heal without surgery and on a normal (for me!) diet which includes just about everything. Ok I have altered the mix to up the fruit and veg and fluid elements but I have carried on with meat, biscuits, pasta, white bread sometimes, wine and beer. The one thing I have forbidden myself is nuts! I discovered that they don't digest fully and tend to come out in sharp fragments. Not at all what we need.
I feel sure you will bee back on the healing path soon. And I suggest cuting down the Miralax gradually when you feel ready.
beast wishes
Allan
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Postby PompeyBlue » 28 Aug 2013, 09:01

How funny! I assure you that really was a typo caused by oversensitive keyboard. I'm sure you know I meant "Best wishes"!
Allan
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 28 Aug 2013, 11:04

LOL @ the "beast wishes" Allan !
I want to be one that heals without surgery as well. I don't like taking the Miralax at all however it seems to do the trick. Last time I only had to take it for 1 week, then I went every other day (for 2 days) then went off of it. So I am hoping to do the same this time as well.
I am beginning to think that those dang nuts caused this in the first place. Geesh, how I love them so much but I don't love them as much as a healed bum!!
Thanks again Allan & "beast wishes" to you !Image
SweetPea
Deleted User 2854