Blazing Saddles Journey

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Blazing Saddles Journey

Postby hootinannie » 22 Aug 2013, 15:56

I can’t believe the amount of hope this forum has given me. As I sat on my poor aching ass in the middle of the night, praying for help, I found this place. Along with hope, comes healing!!
Up to finding this forum, I’ve followed my CRS’s advice to
• Eliminate alcohol, in any form
• Eliminate coffee and tea
• Eliminate dairy, citrus and raw vegetables.
• Never, ever force a poo.
This week I got
• A heating pad
• Flax seeds
• A water filter
Then I
• Cut down on the amount of Niphedrine I use (now only once a day).
• Started taking Oil of Oregano
• started putting a soft piece of tissue between my cheeks after a BM.
• Concentrated on not straining….EVER!
Today, even though the butt is stinging, I’ve had NO SPASMS!! First time in 3 months. Not getting too excited because I’ve felt better many times, stopped my regimen and then suffered the consequences.
I also have noticed that the sentinel tag is getting bigger and that there really are two of them. I need to do more research about this sentinel tag, don’t know much about it. I have a lump that comes down when I have a bm and then I push it back in.
Thanks for all the advice!!
Hootinannie
hootinannie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Blazing Saddles Journey

Postby owmybum » 23 Aug 2013, 11:23

Could the lump be a haemorrhoid? Try icing it for a little while.
I'm looking forward to reading your progress!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Too good to be true...rats!

Postby hootinannie » 27 Aug 2013, 00:39

3 days of constant improvement. Could I be feeling optimistic? This weekend, I followed my regimen and felt so good that I actually thought that there was hope in the air. The only thing I did differently was have a glass of wine on Friday and Saturday.
This morning my first BM was great. A little prickly but I actually got in the car and drove to work pain free!!:)  At work, I had BM number two, fairly substantial. Could it be? Where were the spasms, where was the pain? A little discomfort, but nothing really.
Then it happened. My 3rd movement. Not good--but no blood, very unusual for me. Within an hour, writhing pain.Image  But I had to work through it. Finished work early, stopped for Epson Salts, came home, did Sitz bath, took two Tylenol and went to bed. It was all I could do not to take an Oxy or T3. Finally, spasms subside.
So, back to square one. I'll keep up the fibre and water routine, also heating pad and stay away from any form of alcohol. Using my cream every night and morning too.
Sigh, it was too good to be true! Image
hootinannie
Fibre Addict

Postby hootinannie » 02 Sep 2013, 11:52

Almost a week after my "setback" and I am hoping that I've turned a corner. After two days of agony, I got into the CRS who informed me that there is a 2 year waiting period for surgery and botox. He upped the concentration of Nifedrine from .9 to 2.0. This seems to have had some effect, relaxing the sphincter substantially. I seem to have found a formula for soft BMs, which is crushed flax seed with my oatmeal in the morning, followed by lots of water. Then I have fruit and veggies at least once during the day and take Magnesium supplements, along with a probiotic.
Today, I'm suffering from a lot of itching, which I hope is a sign that this stupid thing is healing. I went through yesterday with NO spasms-definitely a coup and a reason to have hope.
Fingers crossed! Looks like no surgery in the immediate future for me! ~Hootinannie~
hootinannie
Fibre Addict

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 02 Sep 2013, 17:35

Hi Hootinannie,
Have you tried witch hazel yet to help with the stinging and discomfort? Perhaps a witch hazel wipe strategically lodged could help with the work day discomfort.
Itching can be a great sign for sure! Although it never feels that way. Have you applied topical hydrocortisone? That always seems to get me through it! Desitin is also a godsend (not sure if they sell Desitin by you- it's for diaper rash and has zinc oxide in it).
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby hootinannie » 02 Sep 2013, 21:35

I have tried Witch Hazel, thank you for reminding me. I'd rather try that than any cortisone medications. What I'm concerned about now is that it seems that I've re-opened the wound today as there was blood, which I haven't had in a couple of days and then slight spasms again. What a cycle these chronic fissures are, I've never had anything so painful and life altering!
hootinannie
Fibre Addict

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 02 Sep 2013, 22:07

I know... It's such a roller coaster! Just when you think you're getting better, you get dealt this massive setback. I had LIS back in April and finally felt like I was healing earlier this month. About a week ago the stinging pain and spasms returned for no apparent reason. I don't know what it all means... it's so depressing and worrying! All this takes an emotional toll. What sort of things are you doing for emotional well-being- any exercise? Supplements? Acupuncture?
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby hootinannie » 03 Sep 2013, 09:51

I do yoga, which helps. And I exercise to get the blood flow going. I think I'll look into the acupuncture, thanks for suggesting it. I have the most trouble driving, which I have to do to get to work and store etc (I live in a rural area). If I didn't have to drive, I think I might get better sooner. The minute I put my butt in that seat, spasms start. I've tried heat, ice, bum donuts and pillows. Nothing works. Aaargh!
hootinannie
Fibre Addict