Fissure without pain - is it possible?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure without pain - is it possible?

Postby Zeesh » 04 Sep 2013, 16:25

I just wanted to ask if it is possible to have a fissure without any pain at all?
Month back, itching started, negligible at first, but increased with each BM. At its peak, itching sensation was bad during BM. Blood was seen on TP 2-3 times at BM during peak. But itching always subsides within 5 minutes or so after BM. After 3 weeks and some medication, itchiness was 80-85% gone, but now i had a burning sensation during BM, like when u eat lots of spicy food. And then last Saturday, the itching during BM started again, not as bad as peak, but noticeable. Burning sensation has gone down though. No blood whatsoever since the first time.
Doctor says its not fissure since there is no pain, only itchiness (during and 5 minutes after BM) and slight burning sensation and no blood (except for 2-3 times in the beginning). He thinks its fungal infection.
Is he right? can we have fissures without any pain? Should I insist that I get tested for fissures? or should if find a new doctor?
Thanks
Zeesh
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Fissure without pain - is it possible?

Postby ravians » 06 Sep 2013, 00:29

sad to hear that u r having problems in it anal area yes u r right u should get urself checked.fissure usually cause tearing pain during bm. but in it case its not whereas blood is a symptom that matches. so better get checked.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Zeesh » 06 Sep 2013, 03:43

Thanks ravians for your input. I got a blood and urine test today, results tomorrow. So let's see what it shows. I'm gonna ask for a culture swab for my anal area for a fungal test, coz my GM thinks its a fungal infection. At least that will prove whether I have fungal infection or not.
As for blood, I only saw blood 2-3 times on my TP and that too a spot. This was about a month ago. No blood since then, but itching and sometimes burning yes.
Now my GM has me on anti-fungal, steroid and hemorrhoids cream. So let's see how this goes.
Zeesh
Fibre Addict

Postby Ever the Optimist » 06 Sep 2013, 06:45

Just to add here too!
I never bled with my fissure, ever, but I have experienced the blood spots with hems........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby buttquestion » 06 Sep 2013, 08:28

Hi Zeesh,
Any update on your problems? I am experiencing something similar now. I want to know if my itching is caused by my skin trying to heal or it's from fungal infection.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby jr2 » 06 Sep 2013, 09:35

Anal itching can be one of those tricky things to figure out because so many different things can cause it. Fissures, hemorrhoids, yeast are all possibilities. Pruritus ani is a condition all of its own and is usually associated with the diet. Spicy foods, acidic foods (like tomatoes, citrus, etc.), onions, garlic, coffee, alcohol, etc., can all cause problems and it usually requires an elimination diet to see if symptoms improve.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Zeesh » 06 Sep 2013, 14:10

@ever the optimist - I am going to see a CRS in the next few days to once and for all clear what the bloody hell I have. Hems, fissure, yeast or something else. I am fed up now.
@buttquestion - urine and blood analysis results will be out in a few hours. Hoping that might answer it. If not, I will go for culture swab and anoscopy.
@jr2 - I have heard of pruritus ani. But I am confused. Let's say if it is that and is caused by something in my diet. But I have not changed anything in my diet. So why does it cause this problem now and not say in the past?
Zeesh
Fibre Addict

Postby Ever the Optimist » 06 Sep 2013, 15:10

Hi Zeesh,
I responded to your other post but have kind of come to the same conclusion as Jr2. If you have recently had a fungal infection, it could lead to this condition, which is why it might be affecting you now rather than before. I definitely agree also that you might want to start eliminating some of the spicier foods you are currently eating because they will only cause further irritation.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again