Partial BM in Morning

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Partial BM in Morning

Postby leahnola » 02 Oct 2013, 11:06

Every morning, shortly after I wake up, I have a bowel movement that is nowhere near complete. It is urgent and not controllable. After eating breakfast, I almost always have a second, usually complete BM for the day. I do the proper stance to eliminate the bowel each time, and the stools are expelled with no pushing. The pain after the first movement is tolerable, but it ramps up significantly after the second and lasts into the evening.
Before I started on high-fiber foods, Benefiber and Miralax, I used to have one BM per day. I'm wondering if all if this fiber is really a good idea.
I really want my once-per-day movement back.
I am on my 6th day of using Dilziatem and not sure if it's doing anything. I'm going to pick up some Nupercainal (dibucaine) pain cream this evening, which I have been reading is wonderful. I'm a little skeptical, though, because I heard the same about Recticare (lidocaine), and it helped me on the first use only, then never again.
I know I jumped around in this post, but any input is appreciated.
leahnola
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Partial BM in Morning

Postby owmybum » 02 Oct 2013, 14:15

It may be the mirilax. I have always been a once a day gal.... But since upping my mirilax after Botox... More often than not, exactly the same happens to me.
Maybe cut down on the benifiber if you are already eating plenty of fibrous foods??

It seems to be a little trial and error I'm afraid!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Ever the Optimist » 02 Oct 2013, 14:32

Hi Leahnola,
OMB makes a very good point with the Miralax! That seems to happen to a few people and it is completely about experimentation at this stage too.
The one trap people do fall into with fissures however, is that they are so desperate to be healed and stop the pain, that they automatically start upping fibre levels, which for someone already consuming adequate fibre is possibly too much. This can produce larger and more BMs too....
(Un)fortunately for me, I discovered Rye bread, which produces the best BMs I ever had (the full, soft but well formed, easy to pass dream ones) BUT I've gone from my regular 2 to sometimes 3 a day now!!! ........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby leahnola » 02 Oct 2013, 14:36

Thanks so much, OMB and ETO. I am also feeling bloated and gassy most of the time. I think I will just try cutting back on the Benifiber gradually, although I have done that before (one tsp.instead of two), and had almost too loose bowels the next day. It really is a balancing game.
leahnola
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6