Home cure for Anal Fissure

Cured 10 year AF

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Home cure for Anal Fissure

Postby gnilb372 » 23 Sep 2013, 11:32

Home Cure/Treatment found !! I have suffered from a horrible Anal Fissure for over 10 years, and was facing surgery as a final option. But, in near desperation, I discovered a cure that has been working for me over a year now. I am NOT trained in medicine and offer this as an option to anyone who is suffering from pain in the rear end.

Here's what you need;
1) A & D Ointment . . . Start with about 3-4 tubes (approx $3 each tube)
2) Latex/surgical gloves . . . Get a box that fits your hand and about 100 quantity

**It can be messy, but that's what the gloves are for**

Here's what you do;
1) Put on a glove / apply large bead of A & D ointment to gloved finger.
2) Liberally apply the A & D Ointment to your rectum (outside AND inside - be gentle - but don't spare the ointment)
3) Attempt to work the ointment inside the rectum and gently massage/stretch rectum in preparation for movement.
4) Apply and re-apply the A & D . . . immediately prior to defocating . . . During defocation . . . after defocation . . . during the clean-up . . . after the clean-up.
5) Use plenty of ointment and have plenty of toilet paper to clean up. Flush often to prevent clogs.
6) Use toilet paper gently and never wipe it completely dry, leave a small amount on and in rectum.
7) When finished, pull glove off - inside out - and dispose in appropriate trash container (not toilet).

** The ointment provides a protective barrier, lubrication for movement and it also soothes irritation**

Additional options;
1) If your job or school times make this program difficult, you can use laxatives or prune juice to "schedule" your movements. (I use coffee & prune juice so that I make my move at 10am every day).
2) Avoid LARGE meals because they lead to LARGE bowel movements
3) Exercise with your legs every day (walking, running, biking, treadmill)
4) Drink plenty of water
5) If it isn't working for you . . . use MORE ointment (it's only $3 a tube).

For those who travel a lot;
-- I carry a travel bag with a tube of ointment and a bunch of gloves . . . I covertly stick it in my pocket and no one is the wiser. Warning!! **Never throw gloves in the toilet** It will clog it up.

I have tried everything else . . . and this program flat out works.
gnilb372

Topics: 2

Re: Home cure for Anal Fissure

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 02 Oct 2013, 01:03

Glad you have found a successful regimen and thanks for sharing the details! I never thought I'd be up for putting anything up my butt (gloves or no gloves) but the AF pain drove me to try and applying the ointments has been key to healing. I'll add my usual advice of (when able) lie on your left side, bend your knees and breathe to relax, relax, relax....then apply ointment with your finger (glove or finger cot makes for easy clean up and avoids fingernail issues). Others have found using an applicator or Q-tip to help. To save money....cut fingers off of latex gloves... gives you 4 times the use versus 1. I hope I don't remember any of this when I'm on my death-bed!!! Best of luck!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Re: Home cure for Anal Fissure

Postby Goodiegirl » 03 Oct 2013, 12:29

One you've had a fissure do the things listed below for the rest of your life and it won't happen again or it won't happen as easily.

Eat small but satisfying vegan meals twice a day. Make your last meal before 5 p.m. Easy on the bread/pasta and thick fiber-less carbohydrates.

Eat lots of fresh or dried figs (5-10) daily without fail. Figs have a natural stool softener so they will help to keep you regular.

Never allow yourself to get constipated.
You should have one bm for each meal that you consume. If you eat two meals today you should have two bms tomorrow.

If you fall behind in the passage of bowel movements do an enema to catch up. If you are in a crisis don't do thd enema but don't ear either. Drink your meals until you catch up.

Make sure to always have raw crunchy fruit like pears and apples (and chew them well) after or with each meal.

Eat olives its good for the bowel.

Drink fruit/veggie smoothies and drink as close to a gallon of water as possible daily.

Eat lots of beans because they don't have tough edges and are filling.

When you need to pass gas do it slowly and carefully gently hold open the buttock to make the air passage more free.

Pray. Talk to God and ask for help before each movement and give thanks after each movement.
This has become a regular routine and I can testify that it really helps. Do your part and God does the rest.

When you are in an acute stage lubricate with something natural like melted cocoa butter or coconut oil and something like Shea butter mix in a little cayenne pepper and carefully place it on the wound after every bm (yes it burns like living fire but strangely helps to heal-I felt a difference for the better within three days after relentless ravaging pain for about three months). This is not for the faint of heart but for those who are fed up enough with the pain to try something different. Cayenne is good for wound healing but it does hurt first then the area will feel peaceful about an half to one hour after treatment.

Before a bm always walk around but keep near the toilet. When you feel like its passage is imminent get into a squatting position over the toilet and allow your body to release the movement.

If it is hurting a lot do deep breathing, pray for more help, allow the movement to come out some push only very gently if it feels stuck but try not to force out the bm.

Rest then try to evacuate the complete bm.

Do more slow deep breathing and gently bear down as you exhale. Once you feel the movement coming out sit on the toilet and continue the deep breathing until the bm is completely passed.

Very gently blot with tissue then do more thorough gentle cleaning with a baby wipe.

ALWAYS have baby wipes to clean up.
ALWAYS clean up your bottom Thoroughly.

If cleaning is too painful take a shower and wash up your bottom with water first then soapy water then rinse.

Open up your bottom to the shower stream of water and let that help to cleanse the area. If the water stream hurts use your hands to help further clean well the area.
Any dirtiness left there will cause further irritation and pain.

Pat dry or take a sitz bath with herbs of goldenseal, butchers broom, witch hazel. Try warm, hot-ish, or cold-cool water in the sitz. Use whatever temp feels best.

You will heal. Believe that.
When you do, be grateful and protect it for the rest of your life lest a worse bout comes upon you.

I wish you peace.
Goodiegirl