For the women out there

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: For the women out there

Postby Luka » 12 Jul 2013, 13:11

Hi Moni07,
I don't have any bleeding with my fissure (never did, even at its absolute worst), so bleeding during my period isn't an issue. It's the hormonal changes that really bother me, though. My pain threshold goes down and everything seems so much worse, including the little fissure pain I have now. That combined with bloating and cramps makes me feel miserable, along with all the horrible mood swings. Also, I get weird digestive issues during PMS and period time (sometimes really loose stools and sometimes almost constipation). Do you guys get this too? I hate it!
I've been on birth control pills for years, which helps the bleeding a lot (I don't bleed much at all anymore and my periods are super short), but the emotional and physical effects from the hormonal changes are still there. I'm still looking for a while to eliminate all of this completely since I never want to have children, but I haven't found any answers short of getting a hysterectomy. Guess it's just something we as women have to live with. : (
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby MONI07 » 12 Jul 2013, 18:47

luka. Yup i get weird digestive issues too.. I feel like I want to go to the toilet all the time but then when I try to go it's like i'm constipated and just won't come. I know i'm not empty properly but i'm not going to push it as that could definately cause a retear. If i can do some then I guess it's better than nothing and I'm hoping eventually when my period ends then it'll come out properly. I seem to have a lot more pain and tingling down there to but thats probably because at this time hormones just make your pain different.
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby MONI07 » 13 Jul 2013, 03:23

Ahh it's driving me crazy! i just wish i could do a full BM instead of little bits. And i'm going insane wondering if the blood on the paper after I wipe was from the period or from the rectum! I'm stressing myself out about cancer and all sorts of stuff and i'm a bit of a mess at the moment.
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 13 Jul 2013, 03:45

Hey MONI, try to stay calm and keep your cool, your body will react to your stress levels.
How's your water intake? Maybe get some more fluids into your system because your baby making bits will be taking water from your digestive system leaving you a hot more dehydrated.
Try to eat the types of foods you know that your body digests easily, it's different for everyone. For me it's brown rice, chicken, sweet potatoes and broccoli. With lots and lots of chewing and loads of water. I'm also on 3 stool softeners a day. One after each meal.
Can you use tampons? This might be easier to detect where the blood is coming from.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby MONI07 » 13 Jul 2013, 05:12

I guess i also worry because the dr hasn't actually 'seen' a fissure when she looked 6 weeks ago.
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 13 Jul 2013, 12:06

I always get worse fissure symptoms right before my period. It can feel like someone has been at me with a cheese grater!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Turk the cat » 09 Oct 2013, 21:17

Hey gals! I just found this post by searching -- ha-ha, I almost wrote "Googling" -- the word menopause.

This week I had a scare when I saw blood in the toilet bowl. I'm 50.5 yrs old, and hadn't had a period for 3 months 12 days. Precisely. Knowing "end times" are near for my monthly cycle I had the sense to jot down when my last period began.

I totally freaked when I saw the blood, assuming it came from my bottom, yet was equally pleased to realize what was going on an hour or so later. As I haven't had any blood with my hemorrhoids/fissures, thus far, I was "happy" (kaff kaff) to see it was my period. Although I was REALLY chocked to get my period. Time to move on silly human body.

Memory is a funny thing. I was thinking about seven months had passed since my last cycle, but nope. It felt very strange to have a cycle again. Vaguely nostalgic, but t was sort of heavy. Anyhoo, the end is near. A few websites I've visited say that once you're past missing your menses for 3 months, all will be over within a year. Bring it on! I don't want to yo-yo. Before this I've skipped maybe 2.5 months max on a few occasions.

BY THE WAY I was researching "menopause" to see if there were posts about how women with fissures/hemorrhoids deal with "The Change" and their condition. If any circumstances have one leaning towards constipating drugs (Tylenol 3's say, to deal with headaches.) After a recent surprise bout with constipation due to an unrelated stressful/major headache situation, in which I realized too late the stress was causing major constipation which brought on some troubles (grrrrrrr) this got me thinking how Menopause could possibly some hiccups.
Turk the cat
Salt Bather

Topics: 16