Fissure & Piles

New here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Fissure & Piles

Postby kap0320 » 11 Oct 2013, 11:05

Thanks for the information. It has been 2 weeks with some days good and some days/nights not even though my Doctor says it is healing.
kap0320
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Oct 2013, 16:07

Dee,
If dabbing with wet wipes causes you a lot of pain - Do you have access to a detachable shower head???
Just aiming a warm and gentle shower head nozzle into & around the anal area can be really relaxing as well as cleansing - I wouldn't clean in any other way these days!!!
Yes, they will generally sedate you with a local anaethesia for this process - it is rare to do so without. Just ensure that you have someone with you to drive you home after, as this can stay in your system for a few hours. You will be awake for the process but the anaesthesia will make the process more comfortable for you. All the very best with this.........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby kap0320 » 15 Oct 2013, 09:47

I have been fine for the past few days, but yesterday and today I had to strain for a BM and my rectal area is hurting again. (Pain). Could this still be from the fissure and hemrroid even though when I saw my Doctor last week he said it was healing. Does this happen to anyone else?
kap0320
Fibre Addict

Postby dee1565 » 16 Oct 2013, 11:03

Thanks again for the advice, I had my endoscopy today, never, ever again!!! I am now on the waiting list for a fissurectomy and botox injection, should be in about 6 weeks time. Im now off to read all your material about the procedure.
dee1565

Topics: 1

Postby kap0320 » 22 Oct 2013, 15:10

I was diagnosed with a fissure several weeks ago and I am still having pain on and off. Some days I will be perfectly fine. Is this common or should I be concerned that some thing else is going on?
kap0320
Fibre Addict

Postby dee1565 » 23 Oct 2013, 05:11

From personal experience, the first fissure i had took approx. 3 months to heal and there was pain on and off during that process. If you have had pain for longer than 3 months then i would say go back to your doctors and see if its getting better or needs treatment. I left this current one for over a year as it kept starting to feel better then re tore and right back to square one, believe you me, dont leave it that long as im in pain every day now nearly all the time and have been for about 8 weeks. It doesnt hurt to pop to your doctors and ask them to have a look and advise you on whether they think it will heal itself or not xxxx
dee1565

Topics: 1

Postby kap0320 » 23 Oct 2013, 09:23

Thanks for the information. I went back to the Dr. About 2 weeks ago and he said it was healing. It has been 1 month since it first started. The symtoms are better but I will check with him again if they don't go away completely.
kap0320
Fibre Addict

Postby Flumbaps » 29 Oct 2013, 04:39

Hi there, I am new to the forum. I too had an anal fissure and basically put up with it for over fifteen years because I didn't think that there was much to do for it and I stupidly thought that the pain, which wasn't too bad back then, was caused by the bm moving out! years later and I have had a fissurectomy and Botox. Did it privately as got nowhere with nhs gp and the pain suddenly worsened so had to move fast. It has improved although it was awful for a whole six weeks, but sadly a tag has loomed back andI am going to have a tidy up op next week. but despite all of thisi would recommend that you go for an fissurectomy because the longer you leave it the worse it can get. it's rotten luck to get one but the whole area is so sensitive and heavily used, post op is bound to be a chore and awkward, but then so is the pain from an af, and trust me, when it becomes chronic things get harder to sort out. Wishing you the best of luck
Flumbaps
Fibre Addict