Killer Pain In Canada

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Killer Pain In Canada

Postby CanadaHell » 24 Oct 2013, 19:03

Hi gang. Got free .02% nitro in vaseline today, will wait until I finish my Nifidipine first as it cost $35. Also got peach yogurt. Pain less severe today, burning continues though when standing or walking long distances. Take breaks sitting on ice pack. It is getting quite cold in Ottawa, so may not need pack much longer, sit on anything! If i buy a water bottle, will it not "explode" if I sit on it? Anyone here use a "donut"? Which are the best one's to buy?, with cover or no cover? Thanks?
CanadaHell
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Killer Pain In Canada

Postby Scientist2516 » 24 Oct 2013, 19:53

I was told not to sit on a doughnut, as it can increase the pressure on the anal region. I think some people do use them though.

I don't fill the hot water bottle up - have it only part full and quite floppy, otherwise, yes, it might burst. The cover is nice, keeps it warm longer. You can also wrap it in a towel. I just put mine in a microwave oven to re-heat. That way you aren't always emptying and filling it.

Sure it's not 0.2% nitro? 0.02 sounds very weak. You should probably apply only tiny amounts of nitro to begin with, and gradually work up, because it can give you headaches. I used tiny tiny amounts at first, then gradually got up to a pea-sized amount, and never had a headache.

I wish you all the best of luck with it.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16