Went to a CRS today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Went to a CRS today

Postby aimonaali » 15 Oct 2013, 12:39

I've first got an AF two years ago and about a year ago I had LIS done. At first it did cure my fissure but it came back a couple of months after in an examination. It wasn't as bad as before LIS. The insicion site hasn't completely healed and the skin is very sore. Also I have leaking after a BM which means I have to go and wipe again about half an hour later.

So those are the problems I told to a new CRS that I visited today. He did and exam and surprisingly told that he could not see anything wrong. No fissure and nothing wrong with the insicion site. This was of course good news even though I still have problems with the fissure site. So they gave me a self dilating "thing" to try out for the next month. I just have to keep it in my anus five minutes every day:/ It's supposed to help relax the muscle. We'll see, I keep you posted.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Re: Went to a CRS today

Postby JHH » 15 Oct 2013, 13:27

Im pretty sure many of us have soreness and irritation even after the fissure has healed. I have read that nerves can take up to 2 years to regenerate, and like we know, there is a lotta nerves down there! Hopefully you will get better in time, and if you are having spasms, Im sure dialation is a good idea. Im crossing my fingers for you.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby aimonaali » 23 Oct 2013, 13:19

One week after the visit to CRS and my ass hurts more than in months. This can be just due to the rather roigh examination. I'm not sure what the dilation is doing for me... The muscle in my butt just feels sore all the time. Maybe I just need to give it more time. I'll keep you posted.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 24 Oct 2013, 08:01

Hi, aimonaali, Sorry you're so uncomfortable. I have to do dilation too but I don't have to leave it in for 5 minutes. I just do it once a day. I find that inserting it and removing it and reinserting two or three times works the best. The whole point is to keep the muscle stretched and if you are having normal bms that also helps the muscle stretch. Another trick I learned if you're having pelvic floor spasms, try sitting in a straight back chair, sit up straight. Extend one leg and point your toes towards your chest. Point as hard as you can and then relax. Try the same thing with the opposite leg. It helps the muscles in your pelvic floor relax. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby pinpin » 26 Oct 2013, 14:38

Hi aimonaali,

I am sorry you are still in troubles. I do as well. Have your leakage improved somehow?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby aimonaali » 29 Oct 2013, 05:57

igrik1986 wrote:Hi aimonaali,

I am sorry you are still in troubles. I do as well. Have your leakage improved somehow?

Nope. If anything it's getting worse. I still manage with going back just once to wipe but the amount of "extra fecies" is larger than before..:/ The CRS said that it can be examined more once the general pain in my butt has got better. But the pain is increaaing as well. It could be that the more pain I get after a BM, the more my sphincter tightens, and more fecies is "left in" and has to be wiped again once the muscle has loosen. Well this is just my own thory... I'd like to know what others think.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby pinpin » 29 Oct 2013, 07:35

This sounds strange, as if you are in pain, sphincter tightens and you should not experience leakage. However if you would be relaxed then it might be the case.

Do you have hand shower to clean up things? Or you are using some wipes? After BM I put shower to clean up things, and even though I cannot clean up it completely, so something is left on the wound. This was confirmed by check up in mirror.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby aimonaali » 29 Oct 2013, 09:46

I use a shower and wipe with wet toilet paper after that. I can feel how hard the muscle is while I'm wiping. About half an hour later when I go back for a second wipe, the muscle is relaxed and I can reach to get the rest of the stuff out. So I'm not sure if it actaully "leaks" when the muscle is tightening.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?