how to find a good doctor...

A place to post your experiences with your doctor/surgeon for others searching for a great doctor!

Return to Tell us about your doctor

how to find a good doctor...

Postby buttgirl » 07 Jan 2008, 17:29

Since I have just recently changed insurances, I have been thinking a lot about how hard it is to find a good dr who specializes in helping people with rear end issues like ours. I thought it would be nice if we could share our experiences.
My questions are 1) how did you find a good CRS, 2)what you were looking for in a CRS and 3)what were your early warning signs for finding you had a bad one and should switch?
I have taken the liberty of startingthe warning signs list.
WARNING SIGNS
Dr. does not listen to your complaint
Dr. can;t seem to find ailment you are describing
Dr. is not gentle
Dr. hurts you and says, "no I didn't" or "It was like that" or both
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: how to find a good doctor...

Postby Guest » 07 Jan 2008, 17:57

Buttgirl,
I was fortunate to find my CRS on the computer. We have some great hospitals in Rochester, N.Y. Rochester General, Strong Memorial and Highland Hospital. Clifton Springs is a great hospital for specialties also. Rochester General is where I found my CRS, my moms nieces are RN's and they were very helpful to me. One of them worked at Rochester General. I knew I had a good one because he put up with me being so nervous and was very gentle. I quess I was lucky. Are you having problems still? God I hate this AF ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
Take Care
Patty

Postby Guest » 07 Jan 2008, 18:26

My questions are 1) how did you find a good CRS, I did a websearch and tried to find a female. Generally, they are more empathetic and gentle. But I have had a nice male CRS back in Denver I would see again. It was mostly hit or miss. I have seen 11 CRSs in 5 years.
2)what you were looking for in a CRS
Caring and ability to problem solve. To look at the whole picture. Tand 3)what were your early warning signs for finding you had a bad one and should switch?
Burning by butt with IRC, telling me I had post-partum depression, telling me there is nothing I can do.
I have taken the liberty of startingthe warning signs list.
WARNING SIGNS
Dr. does not listen to your complaint
Dr. can;t seem to find ailment you are describing
Dr. is not gentle
Dr. hurts you and says, "no I didn't" or "It was like that" or both

I know this is OT but since you mention coccyx pain I wanted to suggest cranial-sacral and visceral manipulation therapy. That has helped me a lot unwind the muscles and ligamenture.

Postby buttgirl » 07 Jan 2008, 18:46

thanks for the suggestions Lecia.
i have tried looking up drs online but have been unsatifsied with the info that I was able to pull up. too bad there's not a "Rate my CRS.com" like there is a "RAte my professor.com"
Any suggestions for helpful websites?
Yes, Patty. Still problems. Image The skin tag is infected. The very outer edge of the hemmie turned fissure is refusing to heal and it created a small fistula into the skin tag. I'm just glad it's on the outside, but it's been a bear trying to get someone to do something about it other than prescribe antibiotics and their wishes that it will just go away.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Jan 2008, 19:10

I was referred to my first surgeon by my GP. I had to run for my life - or better run for "my butt". Found second on the net - great woman , but prefers conservative treatment to surgery, so I had to search for surgeon that likes to cut. Found one by OBGYN referral. Got same name from friend doctor. Checked his record on the net - SUPER. Found out he was voted best CRS in this area - was sure he is my salvation - well .....we all know the rest...
I think - we should just run from obvious morons , and all the rest is pure luck !!!
LOVE TO ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 08 Jan 2008, 04:21

I think a lot of it is instict-I saw the first CRS and he told me I would be completely healed fromLIS in 3 days!! Yeah right! He was a consultant surgeon, so was obviously very good, but I just didn't feel comfortable with him.
The second one I saw was joking and laughing with me, but he was so gentle and kind and put me at ease-he even gave me his e-mail adress in case I had any worries, so he's going to do my operation. Hope I'm not jinxing myself saying he's good..!!!
The GP I saw at my surgery, when my fissure got infected said"what do you want me to do about it? " HUH?! DUH, antibiotics could be a good start! I got out of her office as fast as I could!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jan 2008, 15:01

I think you are in good hands Val : ))))) !!!! What a darling man ?!?!!!! How reassuring it must be to be able to talk to him any time ! Mine is "too busy" to answer ONE question !!!!!
Best of luck , dear friend - you know that we all will be with you and Lecia on 10tha and 11th !!!!
XOXOOOOOOOooooooo.....
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61