New to this and need some help!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to this and need some help!

Postby Itsrachel » 29 Oct 2013, 21:21

Hi there!
So to start things off I'm 26 years old and had a Hemorrhoidectomy about 8 months ago due to external hemorrhoids. I am really regretting the surgery because I seem to have way more problems than I used to.
I was told I have a fissure last week and of course it is very painful. I have been in serious amounts of pain in and out of BM's since surgery so it was very depressing to hear that I have another problem to deal with.
She gave me a cream that I have to insert up there but I've been having a really hard time getting up the courage to do it. I have a few skin tags from the surgery covering that area and from the amount of pain I was in healing from it Its a scary thought to put anything even NEAR that area. I have been trying of course because I want to feel better [the doctor said after 4 weeks of it I should actually feel healed for once] but I just don't know how to do it for some reason.
If anyone has any suggestions please please share!
Itsrachel
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New to this and need some help!

Postby pinpin » 30 Oct 2013, 14:16

Welcome and sorry for your terrible condition.
I had similar surgey almost 9 months ago an left with non healing wound.

Do you know what is cream name?
Did you get open or closed hemorrhoidectomy?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: New to this and need some help!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 30 Oct 2013, 18:28

Hi Rachel,
If you can let us know what cream you have, this would be really helpful.
Some of the creams do not always have to be applied internally but you can apply externally around the anal opening as they will get into the blood stream still - It just seems that if you can apply them internally, the effects are normally more powerful and quicker.
If you are really struggling, you could use a small syringe to help you get the cream inside the anus (I know the Anusol packs come with a syringe) and people have used these quite successfully.
If you can relax yourself by having a nice hot bath first and then lie on your side with your knees bent and gently insert the cream this way, this is very helpful. It's not a nice thing to do but once you've found a way of doing it that works for you, then it does get easier & a lot of people find great pain relief in using these creams.
Fissures do heal, so try not to be scared about it all........In time, you will get better, but in the meantime, just keep your stools nice and soft, try not to strain & keep up with lots of hot baths & sit on hot water bottles as these will both promote blood flow to help that tear heal in that delicate area.
Wishing you all the very best in finding what works for you & in getting through this......Stay strong :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again