First time

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: First time

Postby Scientist2516 » 08 Nov 2013, 17:37

Hi Annette, no I didn't need to have Botox or LIS. So far, luckily, I seem to have healed without either. It took several months, but I'm glad I waited.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Peppermint Patty » 13 Nov 2013, 10:58

Hi, Annette,

Never tried Botox. I just did a major overhaul of my diet - added lots of fiber and I drink lots of water now (about 6-8 glasses a day). I was never a big drinker of water, so this was quite an adjustment. My CRS also recommended I take 1 dose of Miralax each day, and it's helped me immensely. Unfortunately what works for one person doesn't always work for someone else, so there's a lot of trial and error. I also find that warm sitz baths are a big help to me, too.

Just try different things and you'll find what works best for you, hopefully really soon!! All the best!!
Peppermint Patty
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Scientist2516 » 14 Nov 2013, 08:21

Annette, I was fortunate enough to heal without surgery or botox.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby sugarspice » 14 Nov 2013, 08:39

Hi Annette, I have had botox, I was put under GA and the surgeon had a look and decided to do botox. I have had no side affects at all, I am now 16 days in (I think, I lose track!) and the last few days I have had pain free BM's, I think I am healing!! I have heard of potential side effects with LIS but none with botox, well I haven't had any anyway. I think someone has already said how important a good colon surgeon is. I researched for a while before I chose mine, I went privately and it cost a pretty penny but it was SO worth it, I certainly wouldn't want a botch job with something so important. The other point to mention is when he looked I had a very long, deep and chronic fissure so I am glad I had the botox as unsure I would have healed without any help (although some people do) but I also have two very young children to care for so I simply couldnt go on with life lying on my back sobbing in pain! So I know how you feel trying to get through a day at work...hideous! xxx
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17