Praying for everyone who has had surgery recently

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Praying for everyone who has had surgery recently

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Jan 2008, 15:05

He he, I know, herbs work sometimes better than anything else. They usually have multiple benefits, like oatmeal- it will prevent wrinkle formation too !!! So - cheers to our green friends :cherries:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2008, 11:16

Would a chamomile tea bag applied to the area help do you think?

I think I just need to get to the point where I don't have to take the baths. It is wearing the skin down so much. I wonder if I ate a bit more protein if that would help.

I took the diflucan and today I had severe diarrhea like water coming out. I wonder if it could be because of the medicine.

I have started taking oregano oil which is supposed to be anti-microbial 3 times a day.

Thanks for the advice, Fiss. I have learned a lot from you. I started taking Pycogenol based on your advice. You so smart! :heartsign: and cute!

Postby buttgirl » 01 Feb 2008, 12:20

Lecia, I was having problems with yeast and started taking caprlilic acid. It seems to be helping.
I took diflucan once, one dose, and found it worked wonders. I didn't have another yeat infection until that horrible roung of antibiotics last year. Perhaps I shuld ask for some more.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2008, 12:41

I have never heard of caprlilic acid. I will look into that!
Thanks, Chris!

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Feb 2008, 14:59

Caprylic acid is actually fatty acid (like omega 3 for example), and it has very strong anti fungal properties. Oregano oil kills it all, but is very strong - I mean in a sense that it "burns" on contact with mucosa so I was afraid to take it while I had a fissure. I thought it might burn my butt like other spices did. Diflucan works great but is very damaging to the liver Image . Don't take Tylenol together with it under any circumstance, and of course no alcohol . I was told this by my GP and she is usually very nonchalant about drugs, but she was very concerned about Diflucan, so there must be something murky about that drug Image .
Lecia, I am glad you take Pycnogenol : ) , now my whole family does and even my older daughter who hates to take anything. I made her try it for allergies and she had immediate results ! She couldn't believe it because she is suffering from seasonal allergies for years now. Now she calls me a queen of supplements, ha ha ha and I am just grateful that she listened to me ; ).
Regarding Chamomile , you may try making a regular tea in a cup , than taking two round cotton puffs , soak them, squeeze a little extra so it want drip and than just tack it in place gently. It made major difference with my skin tag. I would sleep with it , but in your case you might first try it for an hour or so to see how will you react. If it feels uncomfortable don't use it - always listen to your body, no matter what anybody says. You may try it warm or chilled - whatever feels better. It is always better to boil the water before making any tea because that way you sterilize whole thing (water and the herbal particles), but if you don't have time and since it goes "down there" he he, maybe it is not necessary ; ) !
AND, I know that is stinks (literary) but garlic is fantastic antifungal and antibiotic !!! Eat some if you can ! Or take some Kyolic at least. I hope you stopped bleeding
:( . If not vit. C 1000 mg a day can help with coagulation. It helps with my heavy periods a lot !!!! Sometimes I take 2000 a day. You can never get "too much" vit. C - all of the extra goes to pee. If you take more than 2000 you might get loose stools though, so don't go over 1-2 thousand , just in case.
I am sure that that nasty yeast will go away with Diflucan VERY soon though and all of those above supplements you might try using in a small dose as a regular preventative and as general tonics Image
I hope you get completely recovered from your surgery in a record time from today onward
:$($$!: , with a speed of light !!!!! If you think that I was joking about that shopping trip with you that I planed , you are wrong :_): If we find it hard to walk - Rollerblades will do just fine Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2008, 17:03

Wow-thanks for all the info, Fiss. I started taking garlic again since Patty on here mentioned that she took it for yeast infections. I had stopped before surgery because I thought it could interfere with clotting.

I used to take about 2-3 thousand mg of C but it just burns too much now with the wounds.

I think I will order some of the caprilic acid and try that. The oregano is strong. I didn't even think that it could be making my BMs burny!

Thanks to the board I have no space on my bathroom counter anymore because I have so many supplements!

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Feb 2008, 20:46

ha ha ha my sweet Lecia XOXO !!!! You should see my pantry - it is Whole Foods in miniature , and what is the saddest part of it is that most of it is not "applicable" for various reasons - some of it was for hemorrhoids (because I was sure that was a culprit), part proved not to be beneficial, part is waiting to be tried , part is bought double times by accident :roll: , so I don't even want to think how much money is in all those bottles that won't ever be used. Part of my fridge even holds some creams, like that wheat germ oil and creams, my bathroom has a wicker bin full of suppositories, Ky gels, baby creams, Vaseline jars, butt floating devices, cotton puffs, baby wipes finger cots...you name it - it is there !!!! When I "dig in" I have a feeling that it has no bottom !!!
It is better just not to think about it Image and pretend that all those things are fancy spa products that will beautify our butts , like ''MURAD" Dead Sea Butt Mud or such Image
Fissulyna
VIP