Pregnant & in dreadful pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Pregnant & in dreadful pain

Postby fifi1985 » 19 Mar 2016, 07:27

Hello everyone, I'm just trying to get some answers on what I should do.

I am 31 weeks pregnant and have a hemorrhoid. I went to the doctor and he saw it but didn't examine me properly and prescribed something called "Rectal rockets". I used them that night and it was so painful I ended up in the emergency room because I had a fissure as well and those suppositories ripped it open even more.

It has been about a week and I am still in so much pain when I have a BM that I have resulted to going to the bathroom in my shower with my shower head.

I am just curious if this will go away after I give birth or if this is going to be constant stuggle?
fifi1985

Topics: 1

Re: Pregnant & in dreadful pain

Postby Manitourose » 19 Mar 2016, 08:21

fifi1985, Welcome! I'm SO sorry to hear how much pain you are in and the experiences you've had lately!

We have lots of great people here and many of which have experience with these things during pregnancy. It'd definitely not uncommon unfortunately.

Are you able to take baths as well? As you may have read through some of the other posts these will help with the pain and will also increase blood flow to the area.
Since you are pregnant they probably won't prescribe any creams. However, a lot of people use a bit coconut oil in the area which can be soothing to the fissure and hemorrhoid.

When do you see your OB/GYN again? In my experience they are usually fairly well experienced in these things and can provide some advice. Your OB may also provide a referral to a colorectal doctor to provide further help, but I think your OB is a great start.

Also as you probably already know, be sure to get lots of fruits and veggies and WATER to help as much as possible. I know so much of what is going on can be out of your control during pregnancy and the changes it causes.

Stay in touch! We are here to help. Wishing you have a less painful and relaxing day.
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Re: Pregnant & in dreadful pain

Postby fifi1985 » 19 Mar 2016, 08:42

Thanks so much Manitourose! I am taking Epsom salt baths and drinking Metamucil to keep my fiber up.

I have a midwife and was just referred to a OBGYN and have my first appointment on April 7th. They are thinking I might have to have a c section so giving birth doesn't agitate it even more.
fifi1985

Topics: 1