Print off for partners?

We would love to hear your comments, and any suggestions you might have for the Forum. Feel free to tell us what you think!!

Return to Comments, Suggestions and Ideas

Print off for partners?

Postby Del » 08 Dec 2009, 07:30

Hi just wondered if you had considered doing a page for sig others to inform them of what their partner, son etc is likely to be going through?
Luckily my wife is very supportive, although she was cross at my being awake till 5 am and disturbing her.
Read a story on the web somewhere that a wife thought her hubby was being a bit of a wussy and was making comments like 'its a good job men don't have to have babies'
Whem the doc told her that her hubby had a huge fissure and was dealing with unimaginable levels of pain she felt awful.
Just something we could print off and show to let them know that it does bloody hurt!
Del
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Print off for partners?

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Dec 2009, 17:59

I do not know if our Admin will be able to arrange something soon about that - but I can tell as a women who had two extremely difficult labors (one lasted 21 hours of ACTIVE labor and another 22 hours that ended with 9-pounder coming out and my tail-bone broken - that fissure HURTS 10 TIMES MORE !!!!! I would have a baby on a daily bases if I had a choice -baby or a fissure pain.
Not all people experience same level of fissure pain though - some can function pretty good with having one but for the most people it is debilitating condition and some people pass-out during BM due to intensity of a pain.
I always described it as if a person was trying to pass a pineapple through the anus - that is how much it did hurt me.
I also have other chronic pain issues, like Fibromyalgia - still, fissure almost made me jump under the ...well...anything HUGE and fast moving :( , that is how incredibly painful fissures and spasms are Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 25 Dec 2009, 10:06

i've never heard it quite put like that fissy, but i love it:
'try passing a pineapple thru the anus' and that is what it feels like. pour a little salt and acid on the pineapple first and add some shattered glass pieces with some razor blades too.
i hope u r doing well.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Englanddevon » 21 Feb 2013, 07:36

I think a summary page for partners is a great idea. I have an amazing husband and he is what keeps mr going, however I think he struggles with feeling a bit helpless. Although there is info on NHS I think most people on this site are the best experts for writing an info section!
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby dangading » 28 Feb 2013, 08:52

happyass wrote:i've never heard it quite put like that fissy, but i love it:
'try passing a pineapple thru the anus' and that is what it feels like. pour a little salt and acid on the pineapple first and add some shattered glass pieces with some razor blades too.
i hope u r doing well.....

LOL! - I always decribe it as being bit on the sphinker by a parrot then rubbing Habanero seeds all over it. -Dangading
dangading
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1