Proctitis, kinda worried now.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Proctitis, kinda worried now.

Postby ap093 » 11 Jul 2019, 13:50

Hi all, I've been dealing with a fissure since January. To avoid incredible pain while defecating I have been magnesium citrate since then. It gives me watery stools/diarrea, so that the fissure doesn't stretch, however a lot of time the stools are so acidic it cause damn hard burning. This has been going for 6 months now. I today got an anorectal manometry which confirm my hyperfine, hence I'll have a LIS. The procedure was painful tho, and the surgeon now think I have a proctitis. That freaking scared, cause I've read before about ICU and Crohns. I have no pain in my bowels, never got a fever, never got diarrhea (except the one I have induced to avoid fissure pain) and never had blood in my stool. Could this rule out an IBD, in your opinion? Could the "chronic diarrhea" be a cause in this inflammation?

Thanks for your time!
ap093
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Proctitis, kinda worried now.

Postby Okaybum » 11 Jul 2019, 18:31

Likely. You really want soft serve as difficult and scary as that sounds. I'm right there with you, to protect my fissure I have myself super loose stools. My fissure was better with smooth soft serve stool but formed movements kept reopening it. Now that I've had Botox, I need to get back to formed BM and that's scary
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8