Q and A with AFSF Members

Need some comic relief?? Games and quizzes are here. Want to talk about your pets, your life, etc? This is the place!

Return to Quizzes, Games & Chat

Re: Q and A with AFSF Members

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2008, 12:12

So, do tell-which celebrities have you met?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Feb 2008, 12:25

8. Lights on or out? depends on who I'm with lol flag
RIGHT answer again, Chris, how can you be so perceptive!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2008, 12:35

Yeah, I wanted to ask about that one too!

Postby buttgirl » 22 Feb 2008, 14:11

Thanks Kim, I try...
Let's see I've met some A listers, but many more B listers... I've met Chekov AKA Walter Konig, Harrison Ford, the gals from L7, Cousin Oliver (who was accused of ruining the Brady Bunch), the guys from Tool, Anthony Perkins, Lyla Alzedo (long ago), Stewart Copeland, the father from 7th heaven, Todd Philips. I've met more, but these are the people I can think of off the top of my head. I'm really bad at recognizing people and so I don't usually realize I've met someone until AFTER they're gone and someone says, "what did so and so have to say..."
I'm 1 degree of separation from tons of others, like Cameron Diaz, Rene Russo, James Cameron, Courtney Love...
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Feb 2008, 15:20

Hey Chris - how do you get rid of the gophers ???
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 22 Feb 2008, 15:38

Kim,
to your question about no-one catching it on film-it was a long time ago, when I was 16, and video cameras weren't really around, well, I didn't notice any, anyhow!! Then again, I didn't notice anything much then because I was supposed to wear glasses but didn't, so I did all kinds of embarrassing things!!
BTW- what are gophers?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Feb 2008, 16:17

Gophers look like gigantic moles with much bigger heads and BIG rodent teeth - U_G_L_Y and NASTY. They can make your garden look like activated mine field and they are almost impossible to chase away. Here in California they do major damage to agronomy and forestry - still nobody was able to find reliable method of controlling them !!!! So, if Chris has a method - boy ; ))), she is sitting on a gold mine LOL !!!!
I was laughing my sox off reading your posts !!!!! Thanks for sharing : ))) that beautiful "site" !!! It was like I was there and saw everything with my own eyes LOL !!!!
XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 22 Feb 2008, 16:34

That's a good description of gophers. I was going to say they look like moles, but with beaver's teeth. The way we have found to get rid of them is to mix the soil with blood meal and also to put little poison pellets in their tunnels, but I don't like to put poison in the ground. The only problem with the blood meal is that is washes away, and with all the rain we have been having, it's pretty much lost it's effectiveness. cetainly, though, these are not large-scale solutions.
I feel like farmer McGregor.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Feb 2008, 19:42

Thanks Chris for the tip !!! I even tried to flush them out with water hose and after 3 hours I thought that my whole house is going to disappear in a big sink-hole how much the soil was saturated but to no wail - they happily were chomping on my aghapantus roots next morning - I could even HEAR them - UGHHHHH Image !!! I heard people putting highway flares in their holes to "smoke them out" ! My neighbor swears kitty litter helps (she means kitty poop), but no thank you - I mean yuck Image . The other one has a dog and he is taking care of them - maybe I can "baby sit" for him occasionally
; ). After waking up one morning and finding 4 of my roses dug out and 2 of my Lilacs too I just wanted to buy a BeBe gun and camouflage suit and sit out at dusk waiting for them to pop up !!! I became desperate after lawn started developing big mounds of dirt - that was it !!!I called pest control and they applied pellets under ground . They had to repeat procedure 3 times until they were eliminated Image !!! They said they never saw holes so big and that he was a giant one - thanks God he is in gopher heaven now ! BUT, new can come in spring time, so I am anxiously looking through my window every morning hoping not to see any sines of them Image , especially that I am planing to plant vegetables too this spring (we just bought this house a year ago so I am making my garden from the scratch :roll: .
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try it . I already placed chicken wire under my raised beds so little beast can't chomp on tomato roots. :$($$!:
May the force be with us !!! Image I feel like I am in Donald Duck and Chip and Dale cartoon !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Feb 2008, 07:40

Here you go Val.
Can't imagine why anyone would want to hurt something so cute! !!
(J/K, I know they are rodents)
Photobucket
Deleted User 5