Question about the AF?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Question about the AF?

Postby buttgirl » 22 Jun 2007, 10:10

I vote for use the nifedipine.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 10:13

Thanks buttgirl I just used it....:)

Postby buttgirl » 22 Jun 2007, 10:15

good. good luck today!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 10:18

Thanks buttgirl,

I hope you are doing ok today too. I am not gonna let this get me down !! I want to go shopping and watch AMC at 1:00pm (All My Children)

Thanks again,
Patty

Postby buttgirl » 22 Jun 2007, 16:24

Thanks. sounds like a good plan. Me, I'm working all day.

As a P.S. I always find either the nitro or the nifedipine to be very helpful, so I never hesitate to use it. sometimes, on those really bad days, I even use it more than the 2X a day my Dr. prescribed, and it has always eventually helped calm the spasms (knock on wood).
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 16:36

hey buttgirl,

I will keep that in mind. I can use the nefedpine up to 4x a day according to my dr. just a pee size amount. The spasms seem to calm down after i used it and took advil. I hope you have a good day at work..Thanks again..

BBG
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jun 2007, 16:39

I used my anal-syringe type thing to actually shove *more* than a pea-sized amount, more like 5 good-sized peas... but only twice a day...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 17:03

Kim,

Where can I get thet syringe?? Did it hurt??

Thanks
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jun 2007, 17:13

I got it when I was given a prescription for procotfoam when I first started having problems... i told my doctor i thought i had hemorrhoids and he checked me and agreed i had them, but didn't really diagnose the fissure, though I heard him make a startled "oh," and remark about it...
The procotofoam didn't do a bloody thing for the pain, BTW..
But it came with a "dispenser" which was just a syringe with a cone-shaped head that was just right for going up the nether-regions. It was fairly wide but not too wide, it was just right..
I never used it with the nefedipine until I got desperate in late november and early december last year, I had a bad relapse.
I had read that it was really necesary to get that cream up there higher than the anus, up to the sphincter...now you can google "sphincter" on google images and I am sure you will see where you need to be getting the medicine...fairly high up but not too high.
Be careful, the last prescription of Proctofoam i got had a syring that had a narrow, "sharp" point on the end!! I was think, what sadist made THIS thing...!!! The syringe needs to be fairly wide at the "business" end...
I am sure if you asked a good pharmacist or doctor, they can point you to something..
To end the story, when I began using the syringe and getting it higher (in larger doses) I got better quickly and just before my surgery was definitely healing.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 22 Jun 2007, 17:45

you can also find a syringe in, of all places, a pet food store. They are for feeding small animals like birds and cats doses of medicine and they have several different styles of tip for you to choose from. I discovered this shortly after being prescribed proctofoam, which actually caused my rectum/anus to burn and inflame. (I guess I don't do well with praxomine.) But I did get that ever so handy syringe. That's what I use to does myself with vit E oil.
buttgirl
King Fissure