Questions about burningand Nefedipine

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Questions about burningand Nefedipine

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2007, 07:49

Hello,
Well I have been using nefedipine now since June 19, It's now the 30th. I have good days and bad days. Is this normal with this cream? Will I eventually have more good than bad? Sometimes I have burning and spasms after a BM and I can't even touch my butt until it calms down. The cream seems to intesify the burning. But when I am calm down I use my creams and its like they are working pretty good. My butt is alot more loose in between now since I have been using the cream until I have a spasm. Before it seemed tight all the time. But the spasms do not last as long as they use to I must admit. I just want to know what you guys think. Any thoughts??
BBG
Patty

Re: Questions about burningand Nefedipine

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2007, 10:38

Hey Patty,
I remember the cream seemed to burn me at times too. I wonder if it is the lidocaine in there? I know after using lidocaine for awhile it seems to burn rather than numb.
I think it is important to stay on the cream and I am glad that you are noticing some loosening. They might be able to compound it without lidocaine and you could get a separate tube of it to find out what is the culprit.
BTW: I am doing better. Had a few VERY painful days not related to AF but pelvic pain-had to rule out appendicytis and ovarian cysts. Looks like nerve pain but I am getting better. Thanks for asking, both you and Steve.
L.

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2007, 11:04

Lecia,

Your welcome I am glad you are feeling better. I will ask the pharmacy about the cream. When I am not having spasms and loose it doesn't burn ans I can put it in with my finger, with no problems. The burning only happens when I am in pain and I apply the nefedipine. Weird huh? I am going back to the dentist Monday they will put me out. I am already relieved. I agree you can only take some much pain at a time it is to stressful on the body. I will also call my doctor Monday about the valium. Thanks again.

Patty

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2007, 11:38

P.S.

Lecia, Can stress cause diahrea?? I am not drinking prune juice, or taking colace. I am eating metmucil wafers each day. Plus I am having fruits and vegetables. My mom says it could be my body getting use to my new eating habits. I had diahrea again today but not like water this time. Just wondering??

Thanks
Patty

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2007, 11:59

Yes! Stress can absolutely cause diarrhea!
That could really be contributing to your burning if you have loose stools.
I think you might want to look into acidopholis supplementation to get your GI tract regulated. You can get it through yogurt or you can buy pills at the health food store. It populates the gut with the right kind of bacteria which can help to prevent either extremes (constipation or diarrhea). I take it everyday.
Take care,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2007, 12:53

Lecia,
Thanks I will get some, maybe I will get yogurt. Also, the period is due in a few days so thats a contibuting factor also. Uggghhh it's great (not) to be a women and have a period. Wow we really have to stay intuned with our budy changes. Thanks again.

Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Jul 2007, 06:06

Having good and bad days is normal with the cream. If it is not healing you, then of course, you will have some bad days. But ask yourself, are my bad days just as bad as they used to be before the cream? Mine weren't. Without the cream, I went right back to having not just bad days, but horrible ones...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2007, 08:34

Hello Kim,

I have been having good and bad days but i have only been on the cream for not even two weeks. But I do have to say that are not as bad as they were last month in May when the pain lasted all day. So I guess it is helping and I have to give things time. Once I get this tooth pulled and this week passes I might even feel better hopefully. If it wasn't for you and Lecia and every one else on this forum I don't know how I would make it through some days. Some of my family and friends don't understand this AF and think it should be healed by now. But I am going to keep moving forward. Thanks again.

BBG
Patty

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2007, 09:58

That's true Patty, you really haven't been on it very long. I was on it 4 months. The guy at the pharmacy remembered me I had refilled it so many times! And what was funny, is that he had seen the same doctor for the same thing. No one understands the pain of a fissure unless they have had one. I know what you mean about friends and family thinking you should just be over it by now.
My husband's grandmother had one 50 years ago though and she was so sweet to call me and sympathize. She said it was the pain was horrible and she remembers it like it was yesterday which is saying a lot for a 90 year old! So, it goes to show you the people who have suffered with this are your best allies and supporters. I wish we could make our families understand more though.
You will get through this!
L.

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2007, 12:52

Lecia,

Thanks for your response. I went out shopping at Wegmans and got yogurt and more soy milk. I know I feel like people don't understand and are getting annoyed with me. Like they don't want to here about it anymore. It can be frustrating.

I agree with other people on this forum that this AF changes your life and in an ironic way makes you healthy. (weird). If I have to I will use my cream for months. Do you still use any creams even though you are healed? Just wondering.

BBG
Patty