Questions questions

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Questions questions

Postby julesy » 30 Jun 2012, 07:35

Hi guys
back to square one. had to be sedated for an endosopy on Wednesday, didn't eat for a couple of days, slightly firmer BM & here we go again!
Have has fissure since 11 May, caused from too much alcohol & spicey food, don't suffer from constipation & have had no blood.
Doctor prescribed rectogesic, gave up after 10 days as I was really irritated by it both internally & externally.
Paid to see CRS privately & he said i would have to have EUA & depending on what he found would do botox / LIS (as a last resort, gave the impression only if botox didn't work) & possibly strech anal passage (nice!) also prescribed diltiazem cream 2%
So my questions are.....
Booked in for EUA 23 July on NHS, quicjk I guess, do you think this is a bit soon as I have only had problem since 11 May?
What is peoples opinion of diltiazem over recto, how long shall I give it?
I had LIS twice 17 years ago & so vividly remember the horrific effects post surgery, was off work for 3 weeks & obviously only want to go through the whole surgey thing if there really is no alternative
So, now i am taking lactolose in moderate amounts, it was diaherea (bad spelling!) that caused this in first place so need to avaoid that
In pain 24/7, obviously worse straight after BM, but the pain never goes away.
Any advice would be really welcome, although i am trying to stay positive, it is hard, especially concentrating at work etc
Thanks guys
julesy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Questions questions

Postby ragini » 30 Jun 2012, 11:04

tke sitz bath....and i feel its bit too early ....i have had the prob for 3 years and didi all the non surgeric things i could do ....and i did successed for 3 4 months ....but sad that i couldnt keep winning over fissure for longer and had to resort to surgery due to family pressure ...but you hv hope ..... yuo can go on with your laxative and take hot tub baths where you keep your butts soaked in little hot water for some time(sitz bath) ....and add some betadine (medicine name in india )....it will sooth the part ....have numerous fibres....and drink lots and lots water....creats no harm only harmony ....between mind and body take care all the best
ragini
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1