Re: Anal Fissure and Anal Warts HPV

Frustrated With No Contact With Family Doctor and Hospital.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 27 Jan 2018, 10:30

Weekend Jan 28 2018

Cancer not allowed on Weekends!! All Hospitals closed!!

Very frustrated and in ongoing pain 24/7 with Cancerous Anal Wart Tumour and Anal Fissure. No treatments no nothing from Health Care People. Seem to be in Limbo stage. Family Doctor never returns my calls. No idea which hosptal he sent referral too? Maybe the Fax got stuck in the machine.

All quiet on the Western Front!!
Madness. Lying in pain after hot bath. As soon as I got out of tub...pain returns.

MRI 6 am Tuesday morning...one step but anxious about staying still in machine for hr. Does nothing for the ongoing pain. Madness Canada's Health Care System....sucks. :( :roll:
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Re: Anal Fissure and Anal Warts HPV

Postby Fissurefrustration » 04 Feb 2018, 16:56

So sorry to hear you are struggling.

Have you heard anything since?
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 05 Feb 2018, 03:03

Made it in finally to the Cancer Clinic appointment was 3 hrs waiting. Booked at 9:45 was seen at 12:30. Was assesed by 2 surgeons. Shocked to hear no surgery but need Chemo and Radiation...scared to bloody death of the Chemo. Need a whole battery of tests. Colonoscopy pushed up 3 weeks. Not looking forward to that.

Friday was swamped with phone calls. Couldnt cope...brain overload.

Friday Night developed Sever leg spasm in left leg. First time. Unbelivable pain. Leaning on my left side all the time put pressure on Siadic Nerve in back. Went to Appletree prescribed Oxycodone. Great painkiller...brutal brutal day after side effects...including still suffering today Intense Constipation which cant seem to alleviate despite two doses of Fibre Lax.

Cant sleep up now at 3 am wide eyed and bushy tailed.

Mass in my ass bigger than usual. Want treatments but dont want Chemo...

Still frustrated reading all the horrible side effects of Chemo. God Help me and all alone....
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 05 Feb 2018, 03:52

Just spoke to Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacist Michelle. This drug store is open 24 hrs. Took my first glass of Restorlax help with constipation. Mix with Cranberry Juice.

Constipation irritates my anal fissure Oxycodone creats constipation dry mouth and dizziness after 1 pill. Great painkiller lousy side effects.

What happened to this forum? Very few responses....is everybody cured???

Being looking for other support groups online but most again very outdated. Madness. Need Anal Cancer Support Group in Ottawa or Canada?...and updated.
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Feb 2018, 06:39

Hi, I can’t imagine what you are going through...the pain of a fissure is bad enough without the unimaginable stress and worry of the cancer diagnosis.
Could you ask to try gabapentin as a painkiller as it rarely has any effect on the colon so no constipation. It also worked wonders for my spasms nothing else touched them.
Colonoscopies aren’t as bad as we imagine, I have crohns and have had a few, if you tell them you have an active fissure they can use a smaller scope sto reduce any possible irritation.
I can’t begin to understand what it must feel like knowing your having to undergo chemo, the website www.canceractive.co.uk has a forum and lots of advice for getting through treatment, my aunt used it in her successful battle against breast cancer.
Sometimes it’s quiet on here but someone will usually reply
Really good luck and best wishes for your treatment
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby chachacha » 05 Feb 2018, 08:25

I found this American one, and while it's not as active as this forum, it seems to be fairly active.

https://csn.cancer.org/forum/196

I'm glad that you've had your consultation and can start to get treatment. I know that some chemo drugs are more easily tolerated these days, so I'm hoping that what you're going to receive won't be too bad. And MPB makes a very good suggestion about the colonoscopy - let them know and maybe they can use a smaller scope.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 05 Feb 2018, 10:42

Thank you so much for the responses. Please keep in touch. Very nervous about everything.
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather