Recent LIS --- Have some questions--Please help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Recent LIS --- Have some questions--Please help

Postby Toby727 » 02 Oct 2011, 20:20

I am new to this site. I just recently had an LIS. In fact today is day 4 post op. I have to say the pain I am feeling following surgery has been nothing compared to the pain I was having for the last 8 months. So far I am glad that I decided to move forward with the surgery. I do however have a question for you all. Approximately how long following surgery am I going to be having such painful BM's.
I hope you will be able to help me out on this. I am so lucky to have found this site. It has helped me so much through the days prior to and following my surgery. Great information !!!!!
Thanks for all the great information
Toby727
Toby727
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Recent LIS --- Have some questions--Please help

Postby jis76 » 31 Jul 2019, 16:33

Hi Toby,

I'm 10 days post lis, and today was the first day I had zero pain after bm. Everyone recovery is different, so this is just one data point.

After the Lis, I had more stinging post bm than I had fissure pain. This was much better. I still take sitz baths after bm, but no advil or anything else usually.

Today, I've been sore, but not bad at all.

Take a look at my thread in the diary section, described my pain each day through this.

Hope you continue to recover!!!
jis76
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here