Retorn?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Retorn?

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 15:22

Me too!
Kate, I love double fiber bread btw, just ate a slice with nutella. I'm always eating PP& J too and that can get redundant.

Postby juney » 03 Mar 2008, 10:59

sometimes i feel like it's so unfair too. and it really is for ally of us!! i don't know why some of us are cursed with this :(

it's been quite awhile since your surgery hasn't it kate?? i think you had yours surgery before i had my first one. it's been 10 months since my 1st and 5 months since my 2nd and i still struggle with it everyday. the pain is worse on some days than others, and i've been having 1-2 "setbacks" a month where it takes me about 4 days to get back on track.

it's SOOOO hard to stick with the diet, especially being so young and all my friends want to go out to eat and drink, and nobody understands what i'm dealing with b/c i'm too embarassed to tell anyone. it's a daily struggle and the only thing we can do is try to stay positive and do everything we can to keep our bodies on the right track towards healing. i've totally been slacking on my diet lately and my butt definitely feels the effects. i don't do the hot baths anymore, i took 3 baths every day for 10 weeks after my 2nd surgery and now i feel like it's totally pointless. maybe some people's bodies just aren't capable of healing something like this. i have no idea.

hang in there!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby small_flower » 03 Mar 2008, 11:22

Juney-
It has been a year since my surgery, which I had in February of 2007. I remember it quite clearly because I had to recover during valentines day, so it wasn't a very romantic day that year.
I completely sympathize with it being hard to stick to the diet, but I always kind of scare myself into doing it when I start slacking off. I just tell myself that I don't ever want to have to go through that again and I want to live my life as best I can. It is so hard though! People want to go out to eat at restaurants where the salads are 70% water and there isn't a high fiber food to be seen on the menu. Not to mention all the bar hopping that my friends tend to do. I am sort of over the whole bar scene, but occasionally I go along, and its hard to keep up with people who are so carefree and healthy when your not.
Perhaps you should invest in a sitz bath. That will make taking small baths easier for you, and not such a long and drawn out process, although sometimes a nice long bath is wonderful.
Very few of my friends know about my condition, but my boyfriend certainly knows and support me as best as he can, although his cooking skills could be a little more up to par. Lol.
We just do the best we can with what we are given. Make sure you stay in touch here. I have found that having a community of like minded people who are dealing with the same issues really helps me feel not so alone.
*hug*
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Mar 2008, 17:12

I know I look "ancient" to you girls Image , but believe me,I go to restaurants and bars too so I just couldn't read your posts without "jumping in" , I am sorry :oops: , I hate to brake your thread , I just wanted to give you a tip or two :oops: :oops: ... If you "mind me" - just skip this post Image
In most restaurants it is possible to "modify the order". Even pizza places now have whole wheat crusts and just put vegetables on, ask for no cheese please, and voila - you can have pizza !!!! In other kind of restaurants you can add or deduct ANYTHING in your meal, except maybe spices if they are premixed in the sauce. ASK !!! Don't be shy - it is your money !!! I do that all the time without a problem - actually I get even better service since waiters think that I am spoiled rotten and really pay attention Image !!!
Bars - why do you have to drink alcohol to go to the bar ??? Well, it is another matter if you "want to", but other than that you can order any cocktail "virgin" - problem solved !!! If your friends ask why - just say that you are on a "diet" and counting calories since you REALLY want be size 2
Image .If they ask why do you not eat hamburgers say- yuck! - "did you hear about that recall... :shock: " and than just continue talking about something else, or my favorite : " I am allergic to beef" Image Anyhow, so many ways to escape those situations and still have fun - I feel heartbroken when I read your posts Image ! I fixed my butt at 40-something so I can "have life" - don't let your little "behinds" stop you going places !!!!!
Well, if the pain is the one that is preventing you, it is another matter Image ...
All the best Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby small_flower » 03 Mar 2008, 17:22

You have a good point, you can alter orders at restaurants now a days. I don't have issues with specific foods really... like cheese or spicy foods, they don't seem to disrupt my system, but I guess my point was that you aren't going to go to many restaurants and find a meal with 10 grams of fiber in it.
As for the bar, no you don't HAVE to drink when you go out, but it certainly does help me loosen up. My past experiences at bars, when going with a bunch of other people are, that if you aren't drinking, you're probably going to get bored because everyone else is just getting silly and then later down right obnoxious. Then of course, you have to drive everyone home, and when people start making a habit of you being the DD, its gets pretty old.
As for the diet thing... well... i'm still under 100 lbs, so I dont think that line would work for me. Lol. Nice try though. I am sure I can come up with some creative excuses on my own if I have to, but good suggestions.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Mar 2008, 17:41

I am glad I was of some help ; ) ! You know what I do to get extra fiber - I order orange juice and than steer in Metamucil and sip it with a meal. I order one more "side order" of veggies too !
I completely understand the point of "everybody getting a buzz" but you - it can make you feel "left out" but maybe you can look at them how funny they talk and behave and have a "kick out of it" - I know I do !!! And what people say - oh my, you can ask about anything LOL, and get strait answer !!! Also, when you do not drink for long time, even a couple of sips go FAST in your "cheeks" - your body responds much faster - and couple of sips won't hurt you definitely !!! Now I order a glass of white wine, and half way I really have enough "for the mood" ; ) !!!
Other option is to order a drink and not drink it , after second drink your friends won't notice what you drink - believe me LOL !!!
I think you have advantage of being DD : ), I would definitely rather drive myself home than depend on others and their skills or willingness or counting on them for "really not drinking".
You are smart girl, you can work it out ; )))- just don't sit home - life flies so fast ..... Trust me !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 03 Mar 2008, 18:46

I like your excuses Fiss. Since I'm nearing 130 pounds I can always use the I'm on a diet route or that I just ate or I have to wake up early or wanna take a gym class in the morning so I can't drink. Also, I sometimes say oh I'm taking antibiotics for this nasty soar throat I had so I can't drink. Ppl than don't act so weird. Haha, i've come up with so many excuses altough I still tend to eat and drink things I shouldn't. Go figure. At any age it's hard.

Postby SunshineHope » 04 Mar 2008, 16:11

I also remembered something else... For me it's been a lot easier to keep up with the diet when I try setting a decent routine that isn't too hard to follow. For me, fibre isn't a big issue and I've become regular again (WOOHOO!!), the food that we make at home is quite high in fibre anyhow and I feel that eating fruits & veggies helps me stay more regular. I find that when I keep reminding myself "eat fruit eat fruit eat fruit", I usually don't end up eating it.
What HAS helped though, is... I've noticed that my family doesn't eat much fruit either, especially my dad, and I get concerned about his health sometimes. So I've made a routine that everyday after dinner, I have to cut up some fruit and make my dad eat it (although I end up eating most of it :p), we usually sit down together and eat it. It's gotten to the point now where if I don't have fruit after eating a big meal, it feels weird... Maybe it's an addiction to the sweetness, who cares, it helps me! So now that I've gotten in the routine of fruits after dinner (if I don't have time I just wash grapes and we eat that), I make myself eat fruit after brunch too. So once you set a routine like that which isn't too hard to follow, you feel like eating fruit more often.
Maybe something similar can be done with fibre.. I gues sI've just stated the obvious but that has helped me a lot.
Also, people think this is weird because I am so young, but I do meditate a lot and it really helps me with stress. I think everyone has to find a natural way to calm themselves down. The society we're living in right now just places too many demands on the human mind/body... It's so hard. Meditation is the only thing that really helps me get back into myself and calm myself down. If I didn't do it, I'd probably have anxiety attacks everyday. But even just getting in touch with your breathing and doing breathing exercises is very important. It can really help during those stressful times!!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38