Return of the bleeding ass

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Return of the bleeding ass

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Dec 2010, 22:22

Just thought I'd post a quick update on myself since I know a few folks out there have been tracking my long term progress after LIS :)
For those that don't know, here's the summary of my fissure background: I had a fissure for a year and had LIS in May of 2010. That was complicated with a post-surgical infection/abscess, for which I had a second surgery. After a super slow extended recovery period, I had reported in about November that my ass issues were finally a thing of the past and I was happily gobbling down whatever I wanted.
Well, looks like I spoke too soon Image This weekend I kind of went a bit wild and ate all manner of things: mini burgers, french fries, a huge bag of popcorn, handful after handful of cashews, fried noodles, two big bags of potato chips, a couple codeine pills (for my chronic pain condition), and a massive dose of antihistamines on Sunday night (for sleeping problems). I awoke this Monday morning with an upset stomach, went to poop 7-8 times through the morning, and ended up with the dreaded blood on the toilet paper after wiping. Doh! That beautiful crimson smear that we all know too well. Now my arse feels all sore, irritated, and chafed. Just overall raw and painful feeling. Just like the good ol' days (ok, minus the insane pooping shards of glass pain). I'm thinking the skin's just a messed up from all the wiping, or maybe some hemorrhoids have once again reared their heads after a 2 year hiatus, but hopefully it's not the damn fissure again!
So, lesson learned: even after LIS and days of blissful quiet on the ass front, don't go letting your guard down. All it takes is a day or two of gluttony to bring back your anus problems Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Return of the bleeding ass

Postby painful » 20 Dec 2010, 23:36

Hugs hope it settles soon
painful
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Dec 2010, 23:54

Hey thanks :) Trying to take things easy for a bit diet-wise. Been a while since I've had to do that. Maybe it's just the rear end reminding me not to get too crazy. A warning shot of sorts maybe.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby sphinctersaurus » 21 Dec 2010, 01:08

Oh my ... that's not just wild, that's HOG WILD!
Honestly though, soooooo sorry to hear that. This is where years of dietary deprivation gets us isn't it!
Not getting that pooping a broken light bulb feeling has to be a positive sign though.
Loads of tender anal care to follow then!
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby sphinctersaurus » 21 Dec 2010, 01:10

Opps ... just realised how dirty that last comment sounds.
Apologies :oops:
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Dec 2010, 01:54

sphinctersaurus wrote:Opps ... just realised how dirty that last comment sounds.
Apologies :oops:

LOL what's funny is that initially, when I saw you say something about the last comment being dirty, I had the webpage scrolled to where I thought your last comment was about "pooping a broken light bulb." I was wondering what you were talking about for a while. Then I scrolled down a bit more and saw the line after that, at which point it all became clear! Image Image Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2010, 09:28

NG, that sucks!! I'm hoping it's some irritation from your hems. That's a lot of poops Image
Still no shards of glass sounds promising! Eat something good for you though, damn that's a lot of junk Image
I mean you really pushed it there, buddy!! Lol
I'm rooting for you here, thanks for sharing what we shouldn't do. I like junk food as much as you and It's so tempting to go crazy but this will definitely remind me of what could happen.
I think I'll continue to eat well with a little junk on the side. That seems to be working for me so far. Last week I had 4 bm's in one day and had the swelling from my new mini skin tag, but it seems to have went down and didn't get too big...
Keep us posted, take care!
Dawn

Postby Cagirl » 21 Dec 2010, 21:30

Acidophilus, NG!!! It sure couldn't hurt. And I'm thinking you should keep some on hand for the holiday munchies. ;P
Really, wishing you well and hope you're feeling better soon!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Dec 2010, 23:39

Thanks for the well wishes guys! Still got some blood today, and it feels like some hemorrhoids might be back :(
It's definitely a reminder to not go completely crazy on the junk food. Haha. And to think I thought I was out of the woods, and was this close to having some whiskey for Christmas :) It's been soooo long since I've had a nice drink and I was planning on "breaking my fast" over the next few days, but guess not anymore! Sheesh.
And ya acidophilus doesn't seem like a bad idea. I had a bunch of the pearls around when I was hoping it was going to get rid of my little yeast infection problem, but when it didn't work for that, I kind of stopped taking them. Guess it's off the chips (ok maybe not completely off just nothing crazy like last weekend) and back to veggie soup and probiotics now.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Bumbutt » 22 Dec 2010, 03:00

I hope you are feeling better NG! Gee, what a punishment for indulging a little! I will think of you at Christmas when I want to reach for that walnut covered cookie... Or have a little glass of wine. Man, there sure have been some times these past week I just wanted to take a big drink!!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7