Seeking help!

Almost been a year..

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Seeking help!

Postby beautifulchaos » 22 Sep 2013, 19:44

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and I don't know why I haven't checked this out sooner. Last October/November I was diagnosed with 2 anal fissures from continous constipation over the years. I eat the right thing, drink A LOT of water, and work out. However, my body is just prone to constipation from IBS and a mild case of Crohn's, which I discovered after getting my second colonoscopy once the fissures happened. I have never experienced more pain then when the fissures happened. Almost a year later and I have become numb to the pain. It has gotten a lot better, but they are still there. I treat them with a cream as well a numbing cream when I go to the bathroom. I see my doctor every couple of months and he says slowly but surely they are healing.

The problem is I am only 20 (almost 21). We agreed that getting surgery wouldn't be the right way to go due to te chance of incontinence and being so young. I have learned to handle the fissures as best as I can, yet the problem is when I have sex. (Sorry to anyone who thinks this may be a little to personal an because I am 20). However, long story short I am still with my high schol boyfriend and we are going on 4 years despite being at different colleges. Anyway, I don't know if its the fear that its going to hurt or the actaully hurting but having sex is really hard and painful (no anal sex btw; never have and honestly never ever will). Is there any adivce for having intercourse or any advice regarding any of my story. Please let me know.

Just a young girl seeking help..
beautifulchaos

Topics: 1

Re: Seeking help!

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 23 Sep 2013, 00:05

Well, I'm definitely older but I think my AF dates back to at least the time of child-rearing. Pay attention to your body and how it responds to various events and attempts to heal. For me, diet has been the major factor but during times of intense pain and healing I considered intercourse off limits (anterior AF which is near the vagina). Ask for understanding from your boyfriend and try positions that minimize strain to the area (?woman on top). I haven't read anything about this that is scientifc so I'm just sending my common sense ideas and positive wishes for healing for you!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Scientist2516 » 23 Sep 2013, 09:44

Try non-penetrative intercourse for a while.
I know what you mean. My husband has been very understanding, but what with pain, feeling really bad about the genital area, putting nitro on my bum every day and not wanting him to get any on him, sex has been rare lately.
Still, there are things you can do for your boyfriend and that he can do for you that don't involve penetration, so try those?
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby beautifulchaos » 23 Sep 2013, 10:00

Thanks for the replies! My boyfriend is really understanding and has been by my side through it all which I never thought a 20 year old guy would do haha! But it's more me who feels upset and sorry that I can't. Some days are better than others and I feel like the more I think about the pain the worse it will be.

I'm using Nipedimine to treat my fissure because the nitro gives headaches and I already suffer from migraines. Has anyone had any luck with this medication?
beautifulchaos

Topics: 1

Postby Scientist2516 » 23 Sep 2013, 10:05

I think different meds suit different people. Nifedipine didn't help me, Diltiazem did and nitro does. I don't get the headaches, luckily. Everyone has a different body chemistry. I wish you luck, Chaos.
You will get through this. I'm just about healed, and with perseverance you will be healed too. Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper BTW!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16