Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion




Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby bumbumsong » 19 Jun 2015, 23:27

I didn't have much pain pooping a couple days ago. I didn't bleed then. I didn't poop yesterday since I had a bit of intestinal flu the day before. Today I went potty and BLOOD. Darned thing re tore open :/. Anyone else have one that just bleeds like that? No bleeding when I had the trots and now it is.... :tantrum: .

How does your bleeding with your fissure go?

The fiber is making my stool softer but as soon as my anus has to open wider to accommodate the stool here we go for pain!

Thanks!

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 52
Topics: 12
Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 23:01
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: None specified

Re: Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby bumbumsong » 19 Jun 2015, 23:31

I did have a banana the other day and then one today....could that make it worse? I crave them so it figures :/ lol
bumbumsong
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 52
Topics: 12
Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 23:01
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: None specified

Re: Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby msimon » 20 Jun 2015, 02:22

So sorry to hear about the retear/bleeding. I know how disheartening it is. Mine didn't bleed often but it sure could from time to time. I have to keep my BMs very loose or I tear. It's been that way for me all along but is especially so since my last surgery which left me with a larger area of new, very delicate skin there. Some people actually get fissures from diarrhea but for me, it's got to be very loose. I hope that will change soon as I am able to get physio on my super tight butt muscles.

Anyway, don't let the bleeding discourage you. It's actually a lack of blood that makes these things chronic. Chronic fissures often don't bleed due to poor blood flow to the area. This is also the reason why they don't heal well. So, it means you have good blood flow and hopefully then a good chance of healing.

As for the bananas, did you notice that eating them coincided with a more firm BM? If so, I would really consider not eating those for a while. Or at least increasing your stool softener (I forget if you are taking one) when you do.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon
Moderator
 
Posts: 1343
Topics: 64
Joined: 08 Aug 2014, 19:38
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Gender: Female

Re: Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby bumbumsong » 21 Jun 2015, 23:18

msimon wrote:So sorry to hear about the retear/bleeding. I know how disheartening it is. Mine didn't bleed often but it sure could from time to time. I have to keep my BMs very loose or I tear. It's been that way for me all along but is especially so since my last surgery which left me with a larger area of new, very delicate skin there. Some people actually get fissures from diarrhea but for me, it's got to be very loose. I hope that will change soon as I am able to get physio on my super tight butt muscles.

Anyway, don't let the bleeding discourage you. It's actually a lack of blood that makes these things chronic. Chronic fissures often don't bleed due to poor blood flow to the area. This is also the reason why they don't heal well. So, it means you have good blood flow and hopefully then a good chance of healing.

As for the bananas, did you notice that eating them coincided with a more firm BM? If so, I would really consider not eating those for a while. Or at least increasing your stool softener (I forget if you are taking one) when you do.


Thanks! I am glad it's good news! Yep! I'm avoiding bananas minus once a week since my stool gets a bit firmer with them. I"m taking psyllium seed for fiber (doc prescribed) and lactulose when I'm bunged up.

I hope you heal as well! Thanks for helping me! :)

:thanx:

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 52
Topics: 12
Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 23:01
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: None specified

Re: Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby Tushi » 01 Jul 2015, 08:37

Msimon, you mention what I have been wondering all along. How is it that fissure doesn't heal for lack of blood supply in that area and it bleeds after bm????? Isn't that contradictory?
Anyway, this is all very frustrating. Two days ago I thought I was healed until I saw blood again on the wipe without a cause: good bm, no strain, soft, no pain... Why did it retear then?
I know it's not and internal hem because I felt the cut when I was having the bm. It just felt like a slight cut, no pain.
Any thoughts about this?

Tushi
Tushi
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 44
Topics: 14
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 09:13
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: None specified

Re: Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby bumbumsong » 06 Jul 2015, 23:46

Tushi wrote:Msimon, you mention what I have been wondering all along. How is it that fissure doesn't heal for lack of blood supply in that area and it bleeds after bm????? Isn't that contradictory?
Anyway, this is all very frustrating. Two days ago I thought I was healed until I saw blood again on the wipe without a cause: good bm, no strain, soft, no pain... Why did it retear then?
I know it's not and internal hem because I felt the cut when I was having the bm. It just felt like a slight cut, no pain.
Any thoughts about this?

Tushi


I understand that! The main fissure has healed but I have this like smaller no bleeder on the right side of my anus. It's enough you feel but doesn't act like any other fissures I've had. Plus it only flares at summer usually???

The mysteries of the anus :/

I hope you're feeling better!

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 52
Topics: 12
Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 23:01
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: None specified

Re: Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby Tushi » 07 Jul 2015, 08:31

Since last week, fresh, bright red blood on wipe and on surface o piece of stool has not stopped. My GI said to do one more week of the dialtizem 2% and nitroglycerin .02% compound. There is no pain, no straining, good bm's
Can this now be a bleeding internal hemorrhoid? Is anyone out there who has experienced likewise?
Tushi
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 44
Topics: 14
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 09:13
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: None specified

Re: Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby bumbumsong » 13 Jul 2015, 22:56

Tushi wrote:Since last week, fresh, bright red blood on wipe and on surface o piece of stool has not stopped. My GI said to do one more week of the dialtizem 2% and nitroglycerin .02% compound. There is no pain, no straining, good bm's
Can this now be a bleeding internal hemorrhoid? Is anyone out there who has experienced likewise?


Sorry to hear about that, are you feeling better now?

I have a bit of pain and some blood, but I think it's more an internal hemmie since I don't feel the "paper cut to the anus" feeling like with a fissure.

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 52
Topics: 12
Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 23:01
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: None specified

Re: Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby Tushi » 14 Jul 2015, 08:26

I had another round of Diltiazem + nitro for about a
Week;, blood stopped for about 3/4 days but found a red spot yesterday on the wipe. Today there was no blood. I cannot understand why it is on and off.
I haven't scheduled a visit with the GI yet but will request one in another wk so he can check with the
Anoscope. I have been waiting all this time to make sure I am healed totally so the examination goes smoothly and painlessly.
What are you doing for the hem? Are you having it checked?
Tushi
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 44
Topics: 14
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 09:13
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: None specified

Re: Seems I have a bleeder :/...

Postby bumbumsong » 21 Jul 2015, 22:50

I have no idea, I'm having the same thing. My feces are really getting dense here of late, no idea why. :/ I hope the visit has went well and you're better!

I have been just using warm water sprayer and xylocaine on the piles, plus drinking my fiber supplement. The doctor saw it when I went in for my fissure so I'm not worried.
bumbumsong
Salt Bather
 
Posts: 52
Topics: 12
Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 23:01
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: None specified


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests