Seems to be healed…..

Healing anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Seems to be healed…..

Postby Pipyeah777 » 14 Jun 2022, 08:05

Hey guys I wanted to keep up with the post I have been making because maybe this will help somebody… My Fissure seems to have healed over at this point, Which I am really happy about obviously… But I don’t really have my hopes up because I know how these things go. My fissure is not internal. It’s posterior about a half an inch from my butthole. So it’s not actually ON the muscle itself, but has been on and off for five months. It healed over once before but then doing yoga it split so obviously I’m trying to baby the hell out of it. I’ve been using Amerigel several times a day for two weeks and that has been the best stuff I’ve tried. I have probably spent around $200 on appointments including pranicura, which was soothing, but didn’t do anything for healing. The Amerigel worked wonders and healed it pretty fast, though there have been days I’ve felt discouraged and down that what if it didn’t work. Fissure healing is weird. Any time I’d feel a burn or itch I’d think it reopened, but it didn’t. I think the key for me is that every time I go to the bathroom and I mean anytime I go pee… I apply a little bit of ice cream so I pee several times a day because I drink a ton of water so I’m applying it may be 10 times a day just a small amount right on where the fissure is or was. Keeping it moist is important, at least for me because I feel like not having it dry out and right keeps it from splitting while it’s growing that soft new superficial skin. So even now when there is no longer a slit or cut, I’ll be doing the same for months because I just need to make sure it continues. I pretty much I am hoping that I can sustained this and definitely but I do have a colonoscopy coming up in a month and I am terrified that they are going to retear, But I do plan on talking to somebody before hand and maybe I can beg them to be gentle… But we will say I don’t know how big that hose is. Anyway, Not trying to be super excited but I do feel pretty happy at the moment but again I’m not going to bask in it because I know how it goes. But anyway if you’re interested in that Amerigel, def look into it. I think it really was the saving grace for me. Anything for a wound seems to be the right dept since diabetic style wounds, especially for the feet (bad blood flow) which makes sense to use something specifically for that. Logically, wound care for an area with bad blood flow that is resistant to healing…… same for a fissure.. made sense! And for me, it did work. So…. Try something in that dept and read reviews too. And make sure it’s safe for your ass, but yeah.
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Seems to be healed…..

Postby ansi2019 » 14 Jun 2022, 19:08

I pretty much I am hoping that I can sustained this and definitely but I do have a colonoscopy coming up in a month and I am terrified that they are going to retear, But I do plan on talking to somebody before hand and maybe I can beg them to be gentle… But we will say I don’t know how big that hose is

I don't want to scare you, but i did that prior to my LIS back in august 1st 2019, i did the colonoscopy in the morning because my doctor asked for it. I was having really bad LIS + minor hemorrhoid back then & the colonoscopy wasn't a great experience, i was literally screaming. How come they do something like that to a patient having a LIS & almost ultra tight sphincter because of the LIS + hemorrhoid ! Thank god i took the note from the colonoscopy doctor to my other doctor & we decided to do the LIS the same day, because the pain was unbearable.

I feel a retear again today & this is the only thought that scares me, what if my doctor asks for a colonoscopy again & i'm into this situation ? Last time was lucky & had surgery after that, but what will happen now !!!

My advice, if your meds is making you feel better don't even think about visiting the colonoscopy doctor because the procedure is really painful if you have an active fissure & tight sphincter (because of the fissure). The tube, according to the note of the colonoscopy doctor (i read it later on days after my LIS), was 25 centimeter deep. It wasn't a pleasant experience tbh.
I have a friend who did a LIS with the same doctor as mine & he did the colonoscopy right before his LIS, while he was under the anesthesia, so he was lucky, no idea why my doctor made me do the colonoscopy check first while i was in real pain with AF + hemorrhoid.
ansi2019
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Pipyeah777 » 14 Jun 2022, 19:58

Hey there, I didn’t have lis and my fissure is posterior up about a half inch from my butthole so it’s not inside, which I think could make things easier because it’s not on the butthole ring itself but just a little ways upwards. I think mine was from sitting a weird way trying to pass some hard poop and the pressure at that angle was too much pressure upwards a little below my tailbone….. anyway, all my issues and pain have resolved and thanks to miralaxx I am able to poop with no issue. I’m just hoping that by the time
(July 8) for the colonoscopy that I am healed really well and not thin skinned because of a hose going around that area and hopefully they will be delicate. I have to get it done due to what caused the fissure in the first place. I guess to rule out any issues…. But I am concerned and not excited. So I hope I can talk to the doctor and stress to him how imperative it is to be delicate. But aside from that I am not having issues atm knock on wood. Your experience does sound horrid! I wouldn’t do this aside from the fact that I need peace of mind knowing if I have sone issue with my bowels…. But if it does retear I know I can heal it again…….. I hope so at least. I’ll be pissed off for sure. This took many months!
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Postby ansi2019 » 15 Jun 2022, 14:31

Sorry that you're going through all this, i know how the fissure feels like, i've been with it for like 20 years, ups & downs but found a way to live with it. The last time it didn't heal as usual that's why i had to do the LIS, they were hard 2 weeks of pain since July 13 to be exact), tried everything the doc gave me & it didn't help even a lil bit. so the last resort was the LIS, i had to get rid of that pain no matter what the cost is & the LIS was the only way.
Don't be too scared of the LIS, it's a great procedure with a minor ups & downs to be cured BUT keep in mind, that you'll need a healthy life style, you make sure to ALWAYS have the needed fiber, drink enough water to be always 1 step ahead of your BM. If you fix your food, you fix that part of your body, prior or after LIS.

If your AF is healed with meds & good diet, don't go for a LIS, a LIS (IMHO) is the last resort. I lived with it like 20 years & every time it opens up i buy the meds myself without even going to the doc. It's all about your diet, a good diet should keep the AF dormant. I don't believe an AF will heal " naturally " once you have one, it will always be there just waiting for the bad moment of a bad BM, that's all.

I hope you get well soon, this shit is the worst kind of health issue one can have, it affects your body & most importantly your state of mind, it comes with lots of physical pain & stress.
ansi2019
Fibre Addict

Postby Pipyeah777 » 15 Jun 2022, 14:43

You’re not kidding. Never even heard of these things ever in my life. What a sad reality is all is. Are you good now though?
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict

Postby ansi2019 » 16 Jun 2022, 17:13

I hope so, not so comfortable since May 24, itching a lil bit after BMs, no pai tbf but just that feeling of being not comfortable. I'm doing what i always do for the last 20 years, if things didn't improve, i'll go back to the doc & see where it leads. I'm back to that AF stress again (Pre-LIS). I don't know if i should make a second LIS though if things don't improve for me. I don't even know if a second LIS will help out this time. So stressed about all this.
ansi2019
Fibre Addict

Postby Pipyeah777 » 16 Jun 2022, 17:56

The entire thing is misery, but I am so trying to remember that things could be so much worse. Like today, I had a setback. My ass felt a little itchy and after ju shower, applying my cream, felt that the area was a bit raised and I took amici to and I could see it’s a little pink. Not fully split, but def a step back from the last time I checked it. So I felt let down, but this is how it goes. Good days and bad days, but at least it’s not like the beginning where there was much pain. I have no pain. No bleeding….. no pile… just a itch and burn at times…. Esp when I workout or if I poop and don’t shower right away, though I do keep myself clean….. I can’t always shower afterwards cause life and all….. but anyway, it’s hit cancer. Someone in the world was diagnosed with bad news today…… lots of tragic things. We have a fissure. We don’t die from it…. It’s a discomfort, but it’s not the end right? Just keep trying to be positive and see that life is just life…. Sigh. I’m here with you…. And so are many others. It relent does suck though. Like al LOT!!!!
Pipyeah777
Fibre Addict